Jackson DXMG discontinued???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DXMG discontinued???

I looked at the Jackson website and was surprised to see the new Broderick, Ian soloists in there. Then I head over at the dinky section and didnt see the COW and DXMG displayed.

Are they now discontinued?

The COW i would understand since Wolbers got kicked out off Fear Factory and the SL7s are there.

But the DXMG discontinued????? Why? I thought they were selling well. It looks bad ass and plays nicely at that price range. It's my favorite Jackson Pro model.

Well, that was disappointing. I hope it is not really discontinued and I hope they will bring it back with better pickups and color options.

If you sort by series and then choose X series you'll see the DXMG. You can also see it if you sort by model type and orientation. The web site updates have been sloppy and you can see some new guitar pictures with some poor Photoshopping. The COW makes sense to discontinue.

Comment

That's right!

Comment

Got me worried there. I hate to see it gone. Although I hope they bring it back with an alder body.

Comment

If you want an alder-bodied DXMG, look for a 2002 - 2005 model (like mine )
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

^yup. got 2 of them. both serials starting with 96. tried my friend's basswood dxmg and it kinda sounded different, it lacked that snappy punch and some midrange.

around what serial number did they change it to basswood?

i hope jackson fixes their website issues asap. they are literally being left behind.

Comment

96 what? Every MIJ DXMG is gonna start with 96

Mine's 969xxxx = 2003

The bw changeover was around '06 - probably around 975xxxx

Comment

I hate their website...

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  If you want an alder-bodied DXMG, look for a 2002 - 2005 model (like mine )
                  And mine!
                  Gear

Jackson DXMG
                  Jackson JS30RR
                  Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                  Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                  Blackstar HT5H
                  Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                  Marshall JCM 800 2203
                  Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

I bought a used DXMG last night. I'll post the s/n when I get home to see if I got lucky (alder) or not.

Comment

Alder DXMG Bingo

Comment

Working...
                      X