New Member, New Axe Enroute!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sustaaaaaaaain View Post
    Ha thanks...it's on the truck for delivery...now I just gotta hope he gets to me early in the day and I'm not sitting here waiting going nuts all day...but atleast I know I will have it TODAY!
    LOL....yeah, i know what ya mean.

I usually have my guitars shipped to my work, since I practically live there. I also have the fedex/ups email notifications setup about delivery status. So when it finally arrives, I'm down in the shipping/receiving area immediately. Me and the shipping folks are always joking about how I'm down in their area no more than 15 minutes after delivery has been made. hahhahaaaha. Nothing like an NGD.....

Keep us posted.

Comment

IT'S HERE!!!!

Here are a couple snap shots...
      We've got practice tonight so I'm off to grab some beer and smokes, but I'll give my first impressions of it later tonight...

Jackson DK2S
      Schecter Damien FR
      ESP LTD B155E - 5 String

sigpic

Comment

Nice man congrats! She looks great, but yeah keep us posted on how well she does.

Comment

I am curious to hear how the Sustaniac performs as a normal pickup...

Comment

Originally posted by Sustaaaaaaaain View Post
            IT'S HERE!!!!

Here are a couple snap shots...
            We've got practice tonight so I'm off to grab some beer and smokes, but I'll give my first impressions of it later tonight...
            First Rule of Guitar Practice is Booze and Smokes...
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by metalmania408 View Post
              I usually have my guitars shipped to my work, since I practically live there. I also have the fedex/ups email notifications setup about delivery status. So when it finally arrives, I'm down in the shipping/receiving area immediately. Me and the shipping folks are always joking about how I'm down in their area no more than 15 minutes after delivery has been made. hahhahaaaha.
              Exactly what I do! (Except I never use UPS)
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by rebar71 View Post
                I am curious to hear how the Sustaniac performs as a normal pickup...
                Produces a great single coil Strat tone--it really is an excellent pup.

@Sustain: Guitar looks great.

Comment

Ditto to what Trussrod said...it has a very nice mellow neck pup tone, similar to that of a Strat neck pup...but maybe a little warmer.

And thanks! Just got done playing...and it plays great! It has a barkin' mad bridge pickup, the TB-4 (which is just a SD JB with "f-spacing"). The middle pickup is a SD STK-1 and it sounds great too, but I hate middle pickups, so it got sunk down to get out of my way. Like I said above, the neck pickup sound is great. I adjusted the Sustainiac slighty, lowered the side under the bass strings (because they are wound strings they sustain very well) and slightly raised the side under the higher strings (for the opposite reason). Sure makes it alot easier to play the beginning of "Kickstart" now that I have a sustainer lol...

The neck feels AMAZING! I used to play a Les Paul and this Jackson neck makes the LP neck feel like a 2x4. Super smooth playing, excellent frets. I don't know if they all come as good as this one out of the box, everything was perfect with it. Went to intonate it...but didn't have to, because it was dead on.

Case is very nice, looks like it'll last a lifetime.

Any other questions, fire away...I'm going to get some good "one on one" time with it tomorrow...

PS...in the picture above of it laying in the case...just FYI I have a 1/4 inch jack that's not wired to anything that I am keeping in the case because the Sustainer will not work without a cable plugged in. But that's nice, my dad's 89 Kramer Sustainer doesn't have a "kill jack" and he is constantly leaving the switch on after practice.
                  Last edited by Sustaaaaaaaain; 03-10-2011, 10:17 PM.
                  Jackson DK2S
                  Schecter Damien FR
                  ESP LTD B155E - 5 String

sigpic

Comment

Yummy !

Comment

Congrats, love it!
                      You can finally re-fix your sig now that it arrived!
                      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

And don't forget to check how long the sustain actually lasts ^^. Tell us, we need to know !

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the Sustainiac emits a magnetic feedback pulse that continues to keep the string vibrating indefinitely.
                          So it should sustain the note until you physically stop the string from vibrating.
                          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Ya that's right...until you stop the string, or the 9V dies, it'll keep Sustaining. The Floyd Rose version is the same. My dad leaves his switch on...and we'll walk in the day after practice and it's hanging on the wall sustaining it's ass off!
                            Jackson DK2S
                            Schecter Damien FR
                            ESP LTD B155E - 5 String

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X