Rr5 hardware change over, gold to black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rr5 hardware change over, gold to black

Im finally getting all the parts together to change my hardware (gold to black), including some parts made by Dave @ Frets On The Net.. (shout out for Dave) My main questions/concerns are changing the tune O matic bridge inserts. Has anyone removed them? How tight are the in there? ect,ect... I dont want the paint to get lifted/chip as they come out something like that. I have a few diferent ways in mind to remove them but your advice is greatly appreciated....
    Last edited by ManInTheBox6; 02-27-2011, 08:11 PM.
    90'/91' Charvel (heavily modified) 275 Deluxe
    94'/95' Jackson Kelly STD
    00' Jackson RR5 with Black hardware
    O3'/04' Jackson KE3

why would you WANT to remove those inserts?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Leave the inserts in there and just replace the studs themselves.
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Agree with the two posters above. Same for the grommets in back; I wouldn't take the chance.

Hell, I'd paint them before I'd try removing them.

If you DO end up trying to remove them, PLEASE post pics of the damage.

- E.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Thanks, just thought id check with others. I understand I can just put the scwers in.
          90'/91' Charvel (heavily modified) 275 Deluxe
          94'/95' Jackson Kelly STD
          00' Jackson RR5 with Black hardware
          O3'/04' Jackson KE3

Comment

the easiest way to do it is get a wooden dowel cut it so you can put it in there with enough room to screw your post back in and it'll lift right out of there. make sure you get the skinny dowel. I've done this now on two agiles, one kramer. worked like a charm on those. I wouldn't force it though, you don't want to damage the guitar.
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I have removed the posts of my RR5 couple of times already and there was no damage at all. No paint chipping, no fucking up everything. Nothing.
              Gear currently owned:

Ibanez RG3120TW '02, Ibanez Roadstar 440P, Samick valley arts custom pro bass, Charvel model 5
              Line 6 Pod x3 live, diy Madamp M15mk1

Comment

Working...
              X