New Grab JRR-95 Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Grab JRR-95 Concept

So I nabbed this thing off an ebay auction for $202 Shipped, I know nearly nothing about them other than people say its got a thinner neck than its successor performer series, and it was only made in 94

its got a EMG81 in the bridge and a SD(Jazz maybe) in the neck
    Came with the OHSC
    Headstock is in dead mint condition and the wings are a good 98%

They guy that sold it was admittedly unhappy about the selling price but hey, thats how auctions go sometimes, cool enough, I'll cut him a deal on any guitar he might want in the future

So Im wondering how many of these things where produced approximately, what I could do to snazzy it up a bit more, I was thinking RR5 gold hardware? And of course any other info I could get on this model

Doink.... the title should say 94 NOT 95

Originally posted by Mindstein View Post
    So Im wondering how many of these things where produced approximately
    There have been conflicting numbers, ranging from a couple hundred for the *entire* Concept series to a couple hundred of each model in the series. Regardless, there are certainly not very many, and considering their age, it's reasonable to assume that there are a few hundred total in playable condition. I have three JDX-94s and sold two more, and I think they stand up to the current imports just fine in terms of quality. I've spent as much on finish, inlay and hardware upgrades as I did on the guitars, and I don't regret it one bit.
    sigpic

Comment

I love my RR Concept, I replaced all the hardware for gold as you mentioned. I installed new pickups, selector and pots, moved the strap button to fix the neck diving issue & opened it up for a strat style output jack. I say go for it, It'll look, sound and play much better.

Before

After

Comment

New here... just picked up a JRR-94 in red for my son. It's a little rough but the kid just loves it. Seems like kind of an intersting limited production guitar. Traded his Epi Special II and $140 for it. Real happy to find this forum.

Comment

Hey dudes, also new here, and I'm another proud owner of a JRR-94. Some info about them is that they were made during 1993 and 1994. The first 2 numbers on the serial plate will tell you what year yours was made. And I believe the body is made of poplar not basswood as I have heard. And nice work on the upgrades sharkfin, im jealous of your output jack. my jrr94 keeps going out of tune, i have to try to not do string bends just to keep it somwhat in tune. When I come into some money i'll get some locking tuners so i can unlease the fury upon her once again.

Comment

Interesting 9301146 is ours - I saw a chart some place that had the wood types on it. If I recall correctly.. two of the Concepts were basswood but the JRR was poplar.

Yeah +1 on the upgrade envy.. that is striking! To quote my son.."that is sick!"
            http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/in...4-95Page15.jpg
            Last edited by Ol'Jim; 03-01-2011, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the new guys.
              According to the 1994 Jackson Charvel pricelist, all of them were poplar. According to the 1994-95 Jackson catalogue, the JRR was poplar, the rest were basswood. Once again, good consistant info from Jackson

And why are we talking past sense here? If the body wood on yours were poplar, what are they now then? What did they change into? Oak? Cheese?
              Last edited by jackson1; 03-02-2011, 05:46 AM.
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Thanks for the compliments and welcome. The output jack placement on the guitar wasn't well thought out but the Fender style replacement certainly helps.

Comment

Sharkfin-- Thats too awesome, I hope I can follow thru with the same, mind I ask where you got the hardware? Stewmac? Ebay?

Comment

No problem, pickup rings, bridge, tuners, pots & jack plate from Stewmac. The plates I got from eBay because Dave from FretsOneTheNet was backlogged with orders and I couldn't wait. I would say that Dave's control plates are of better quality than what I got on the eBay but they do the job. The gold on the pickup rings has work off a bit, but I don't care. Hope that helps.

Comment

A couple pics of the new JRR-94 (more pics here)

Comment

Working...
                      X