New member with a JS20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member with a JS20

Hi guys. New to JCF, hadn´t joined in the past because... well i had no jacksons or charvels basicly.
    A couple of days ago got this one in a trade for an old amp:
    Jackson JS20, pretty neat shape and plays much better than what i expected for a budget guitar. With a couple of duncans it´d be ready to kill.

Not the best jackson ever but... sounds good, it´s solid wood and plays nice.
    Here´s the rest of the herd:

Juanxxö

You know, I've heard a lot of people rag on the JS series Jacksons, but I started off with a JS Kelly and it was a hell of a guitar. They are a "budget guitar" as you are already aware, but are still solid guitars--like all Jacksons. If you're anything like me, your JS will just make you want to move up to a higher-end Jackson.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the bloodline....and the forums!
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Fellow JS20 owner here. I bought mine because I liked the look of it! I didn't even play it first. I saw it advertised in a second hand shop and thought "I'll have that", and I'm not sorry I did.

Here's a photo of mine before I modded it:

A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Nice one! Maybe i´ll upgrade in the forseeable future, but for now i`m fine. I´d love to get my hands on a Charvel model 2 soon.
        Still... as you can see in my pics, i`m an absolute Kramer freak. I love kramer guitars, and i`m a member of the KF, but i´ve lways loved jacksons as well, and the JS20 playability was a grateful surprise, looking forward to find out more.

Comment

Love my JS's too. Perfectly fine guitars, with a KILLER neck. Great value.
          http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
            Love my JS's too. Perfectly fine guitars, with a KILLER neck. Great value.
            Another JS user and abuser here! Welcome aboard juancho142!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
            X