Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JSX94 Concept compared to the Stealth EX..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSX94 Concept compared to the Stealth EX..........

I couldn't stand it, had to have the jsx94 just to mainly see if it compares at all to the two stealths I just purchased. Came with a Charvel chainsaw molded case and $150 bucks was a steal. Well here it goes.......
    Neck is basically identical to the Stealth. Minus the word "Professional", instead of "Concept" on the headstock, it is identical. There is slightly more gloss on this one than the EX.
    Body...aha!! If a Dinky body and a Steath body had sex, this would be the result. It's half Dinky half stealth. Basically right down the middle. The jack has been moved to the end. The body is thicker on the electronics side and skinny on the opposite like the stealth.
    Electronics.... Good to go. Someone had already put in a good tone and volume pot. Sound was identical the the Stealth. Same pickups. I see why they only made it one year. It was a crossbreed bodywise. It solves the bad jack problem because you don't HAVE to use a barrel jack. You have to buy a high end barrel jack for the stealths because the cheapie plastics ones suck balls and don't last. Nice concept, hence the name. Only made 600 of these I think from '94 to '95.
    Over-all I give it a 9 out of 10 or 4.5 stars out of 5. Hey it's 16 or 17 years old and it still plays good. I think I'll keep it as a backup.
Working...
X