Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you guys help me identify my guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you guys help me identify my guitar?

i just bought this the other day, the gentleman did not know the model, i was told it was a js32? but the pic i googled looked diff, with reverse sharkies and all

can anyone help? and maybe value? i paid 120.00 for it also had this number on the back plate 99090538

thanks for the help
    tim

I'm no expert, but I'm gonna take an educated guess and say DX10D...no wait, those aren't HSS are they???
    Last edited by DalyTek; 02-08-2011, 02:46 AM.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
      I'm no expert, but I'm gonna take an educated guess and say DX10D...no wait, those aren't HSS are they???
      kinda looks identical to the DX10D but the pick up configuration is different, does hss mean humbucker, single, single?
      Last edited by tdavis36; 02-08-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

no one??

Comment

It's a 1999 JS20 with a trem & neck from a DX10D. Made in India.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That explains it. Yes, HSS is humbucker-single-single for the pickup configuration.
            Looks like you got yourself a parts mutt there.

It's definitely not a USA model though.
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              It's a 1999 JS20 with a trem & neck from a DX10D. Made in India.
              So is it junk? Not worth anything?

Comment

Originally posted by tdavis36 View Post
                So is it junk? Not worth anything?
                I'll say $ 99
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wow, that neck is way off. There's a ton of clearance on the low E side but the high E is almost sliding off the frets.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Wow, that neck is way off. There's a ton of clearance on the low E side but the high E is almost sliding off the frets.
                    +1! The strings don't appear to line up with the pickup pole pieces either.
                    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                      +1! The strings don't appear to line up with the pickup pole pieces either.
                      its the way i took the pic, if you stand directly over top they are perfect, thats pic was at an angle

Comment

Ah ok i getcha
                        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                        X