Help ID'ing possible DKMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID'ing possible DKMG

I just picked up a used DXMG for a pretty good deal with the help of you guys. Thanks a bunch for the help! ( http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/115...o-be-a-DXMG(-) )

I have another one I'm looking at picking up for a decent price, but want to ID this thing before checking it out in person.

The seller is selling as a JS32R, but from the pic, it has piranha inlays. I'm thinking this might be a DKMG (unless it was mutt'd, if even possible). Sorry for the small photo. It was all that was posted in the ad.

Serial #: 9760402

Thanks again in advance.

~Darren

You are right, piranhas and binding...that is DEFINITELY not a JS-series neck! It also looks like it has EMG pickups (either actives, or maybe HZ's.)
    Could possibly be a mutt, but looks like it's a DKMG to me!
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Thanks for the input DalyTek. I'm curious. Do serial numbers also provide model type based on it's numbering? Or is it more for just build date/location?

Comment

Ron (RacerX) is probably the man to answer that question accurately, but to my knowledge, they don't indicate model (at least not on bolt-on neck plates.)
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Its a trans red DKMG. Agree with the seller that its a JS model and buy it off him for peanuts!
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yep, I'm pickin' it up for $175 later on tonight. The seller just sent me a close-up pic to show the chip it has on one of the horns, which supposedly is the only issue with it. It also looks like it has the 81/85 combo in it, based on the pic. For the price, I'll have to grab it up if everything else checks out. Now I need to figure out how to patch up and refinish that chip though.

Comment

Originally posted by metalmania408 View Post
              Or is it more for just build date/location?
              This.

This one is Japan 2006-07.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                This.

This one is Japan 2006-07.
                Thanks man!!! Much appreciated.

Comment

That price is a smoking deal!!
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I used to say "underrated guitar", but people are catching on.
                    Working man's bolt-on archtop soloist.
                    Great deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                      I used to say "underrated guitar", but people are catching on.
                      Working man's bolt-on archtop soloist.
                      Great deal!
                      It was definitely a working man's for sure, Cygnus.

It had a few more dings on the body and a chip at the tip of the headstock, which the seller didn't disclose up front. (not enough to deter me from the purchase though). Lose pots/input jack, etc. The lic floyd had some rust on it. The neck is straight and all else feels solid on it. I stripped this thing down for now. Did come with the stock 81/85 combo which tested good. I have the floyd soaking in some wd40 right now, tightened up all the parts, and gave a general wipe down. Even in it's shabby state, $175 ain't a bad deal for it.
                      Last edited by metalmania408; 02-09-2011, 11:20 AM.

Comment

What years were the DKMGs made in that color? The neck, I agree is bound/pirr...the body cut and grain pattern look right, too. The only thing bugging me is the color..on my screen it looks orange(?)

I sold the neck from my DKMG for a flame inlay neck...it is the same neck on this guitar, and I got $125.00 for it, so extra 50$ for the rest of the guitar ain't a bad deal at all, dude. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by cedelong View Post
                          What years were the DKMGs made in that color? The neck, I agree is bound/pirr...the body cut and grain pattern look right, too. The only thing bugging me is the color..on my screen it looks orange(?)

I sold the neck from my DKMG for a flame inlay neck...it is the same neck on this guitar, and I got $125.00 for it, so extra 50$ for the rest of the guitar ain't a bad deal at all, dude. Good job.
                          Yeah, when i initially saw the pics, I was thinking "orange-ish red" as well. In person it's strictly transparent red w/ a subtle burst to it. . The neck pocket was stamped with 2005 and the neck end had some cryptic "5 2 k..." or something like that stamped on it. Not sure how to read that.

Some of the frets also have some divots in it, so I plan on taking it to my tech guy to level/re-crown ($85 cost), unless i can find a good deal on a replacement (or get in the mood to do the fretwork myself. Have to see what that entails first. ).. So, really I'll have spent a good $260 on it which is still a decent deal, I think.

Thanks, by the way.
                          Last edited by metalmania408; 02-10-2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X