Is this a good price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good price?

I'm continuing my search for a Jackson Kelly, and have a good promising lead.
    I just wanted to run it past the experts to see if it is a good deal or not.
    I have not seen the guitar yet (am going later this afternoon or this evening) so am just going to give you the rundown I got from the owner over the phone.

It's a Jackson KE3 in Eerie Dess Swirl.
    Not sure of year (I haven't gotten the serial number yet) but it is the older model with the chrome hardware and Duncan Designed Invader pickups.

He said it is in very good condition and the only imperfection he saw was a small paint chip on the tip of the large body point (of course) about half the size of a pencil eraser. Other than that, he says it "looks like new."

It comes with it's original (huge) hardshell case. Appears to be missing the trem arm (at least he says he doesn't see it in there anywhere.)

He's an older gentleman who bought it for his son, who hardly touched it and his son has seen moved on. Anyway, he's asking $350 for it. That's exactly what I have to spend on it, so that works out. But is that a good deal, or are used KE3 models usually higher or lower than that?

Thanks for any input!

EDIT: Here's a crappy cell phone pic of it to tide us over till I get it!

Last edited by DalyTek; 02-06-2011, 03:45 PM.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

KE3 in good condition, Eerie Dess Swirl graphics, hardshell case for $350 is very reasonable.

I think they (Eerie dess) were around $850 less case new. If they go higher or lower? I don't know. But I do know I would gladly pay what he's asking.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Here's the 2005 price list. It says Duncan Designed® Detonator humbucking pickups.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/co...ist_Summer.pdf
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I bought a black one used on ebay for $200 a few years back. Sold the neck and chrome hardware and put on black hardware and a DK1 neck.

Comment

I'm excited, I think I'm going to get this one.
          I've always like the EDS finish, so this is perfect for me.
          Of course, pics will come in a NGD thread if I do.
          What trem arm(s) will fit the JT580LP?
          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
          X