No announcement yet.

Help ID'ing what looks to be a DXMG(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID'ing what looks to be a DXMG(?)

Can anyone help id serial number 9730218 please?

Thanks in advance All!

~Darren

It does look like a dxmg, the tiny pic isn't a lot of help though. Maybe someone can give a build date estimate from the serial no (Ron )
    Is it yours or are you buying?
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Thanks levantin.

Thinkin about buyin it for $180.

~Darren

Comment

The price is right!
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

$180 w/ coffin case sounds pretty good to me too. The lady selling it says it was her daughters who never got around to playing it. She says it's brand spankin new. So I'll have to do the typical inspection.

It comes with EMG-HZs, which i believe have always been stock on the DXMGs. Has Jackson ever produced these w/ EMG actives at any point in history??

~Darren

Comment

Originally posted by metalmania408 View Post
            It comes with EMG-HZs, which i believe have always been stock on the DXMGs. Has Jackson ever produced these w/ EMG actives at any point in history??
            It's a DXMG all right. As far as I know it always had EMG-HZ's. Are you perhaps thinking of the DKMG? It is a very similar guitar but came with EMG's (and Piranha inlays). See: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?content%2FGuitar_catalog_scans%2FJackson_Charvel% 2F2006_Jackson%2FJack2006Page21.jpg
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

$180 is a very good price. I paid $250 for one without case but took it back after 30 days because I wanted the case.

Comment

$180 for a DXMG and case? Bite her fuckin hand off now. That's a great deal.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Nice price, ser # is probably from 2005-06
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    $180 for a DXMG and case? Bite her fuckin hand off now. That's a great deal.
                    HAHAHA! Yeah, i actually saw the ad and shot her off an email asking what model it was. She responded with "It's a Jackson EMG-HZ model."

She probably just wants to clear out some space at home, and wants it gone asap.
                    And for that price, I'm most happy to oblige her.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Nice price, ser # is probably from 2005-06
                      Thanks for the manufacturing year specifics RacerX. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                        It's a DXMG all right. As far as I know it always had EMG-HZ's. Are you perhaps thinking of the DKMG? It is a very similar guitar but came with EMG's (and Piranha inlays). See: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?content%2FGuitar_catalog_scans%2FJackson_Charvel% 2F2006_Jackson%2FJack2006Page21.jpg
                        Yep, that's what I've gathered from reading up on Jackson gear (Jackson noob here.). I really dig those Piranha inlays, by the way! Thanks for the link.

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        $180 is a very good price. I paid $250 for one without case but took it back after 30 days because I wanted the case.
                        $250 would be considered a nice price for one, no? When i started looking at the DXMGs about 6 months or so ago on craigslist, these seem to be going for about $450-550 with case in my area (Bay Area, CA). Suprising to see these drop so low now. Economy possibly....

By the way, i just figured out the whole multi-quote replying thingy, so I apologize for the back-to-back posts.

Comment

Originally posted by metalmania408 View Post
                          $250 would be considered a nice price for one, no? When i started looking at the DXMGs about 6 months or so ago on craigslist, these seem to be going for about $450-550 with case in my area (Bay Area, CA). Suprising to see these drop so low now. Economy possibly....
                          Yea, I miss it but I have too many guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            Yea, I miss it but I have too many guitars.
                            Yep, i hear ya on the "too many guitars" thing.

Comment

NGD - Thanks again for the help!

Well, I ended up picking this up yesterday. It isn't immaculate and has some dings, scratches in it. But the thing plays really well and feels comfortable in my hands. A bit lighter in weight than my DK2M, which i really like. Took some brasso to the frets (tiny bit of tarnish present), restrung it with some D'Addario 9s, and added some dunlop strap locks. The EMG-HZs aren't all that bad as I hear in some reviews. All-in-all, nice bang-for-the-buck.

This'll end up being my "office" guitar, replacing a beater Ibanez. Thanks again for the ID'ing help!

~Darren

Comment

Working...
                              X