Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difficult to identify my charvel, please HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficult to identify my charvel, please HELP!!!

Hi, ive been having a difficult narrowing down the possible models of my charvel and just found this site, wow! I cant post pics yet apparently so ill do my best to describe it. Fisrt off it is a sparkly light red color, one volume knob and 3 position switch. One single pickup and a double pickup, pickups are Fender-Lace Sensor, white color. Scaller tuner setup with whammy bar. The head is black with Charvel written in white lettering. The tuners on the head say Jackson. The head shape is not the standard guitar shape, it is the real sharp point to the right. The back has two black covers and the neckplate says Texas, thats how i figured it was an import. Any information would be really helpful, I wish i could post some pics, it would be easier and more helpful. Thanks!!!

Upload your pics to a hosting site like www.photobucket.com then you can link them here.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

excellent, will do

Comment

check out the links in this thread!
        http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/114...gone?highlight=

Comment

If the logo is a script style (spelled out charvel) called a toothpaste logo. As apposed to the guitar shaped logo. Its a 275. lememe see if i can describe it a bit better and see if im right. Humbucker in bridge, single coil in he neck at an angle to the neck heal. Chrome hardware, either a Jackson JT6 trem or a jackson logo'd trem could be a JT580. or a takeuchi trem. Typcal jackson style headstock. Script logo rosewood finger board. Either a full size strat body for the first year of construction. Or a dinky sized body for the remainder of the series. The lace sensors are not stock. They should be Jackson pickups Also shoulld have one volume and a three way blade (strat style) switch. Real good guitars if ya can find them.
          Gil

Comment

"Scaller tuner setup with whammy bar"... Obviously he means Schaller Tremolo which would be a JT590 (says Jackson or Charvel, and "made in germany by Schaller" by the bar) or a real Schaller (same thing but says Schaller for logo). So not a JT6, JT580, or Takeuchi trem.
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Have you already checked your specs against these http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...apan_1986-1991
              You can click on the model name to see a pic.

Edit-just noticed moku already sent u to a thread with audiozone links. Guess im late ha ha
              Last edited by jdr94; 01-25-2011, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Could be a Fusion Deluxe as well.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the replies and the links, JACKSONFREAK was on point, I looked through the models with the link and pretty sure it is a 275. Yeah, looks like the pickups aren't stock. WARLOK, yeah i meant schaller, it does have the Schaller logo and made in germany. Thanks for your help in identifying this guitar, really weird color on this one, in the picture from the links it looks pink, but in real life it is more red. In that link, is $600 reasonable for this guitar? I saw only one 275 on ebay today wanting $749, but i know people are always "fishing" on there, what is an actual price you guys would pay or have paid for one of these?

Comment

In the US, a 275 would probably go for $200 to $300 in good to excellent condition. $600 is way too much IMO.

Comment

How are those pics coming along?
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You know how hard it is to think of a username and password then upload, copy, and paste! Ha ha

Comment

Youz guyz are ruff.
                          Who knows?
                          Could be someone important?

What if Gilmour found this neck he couldn't recognize except maybe it was a Charvel?
                          Where would be a better place to find out?

Well...

Comment

http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h369/belkas11/

calm down dudes, i finally had a chance to get it together, link is above with some pics, any additional info will be appreciated, I think even without the pics we determined it to be a model 275. I like the paint, its such a weird red...

Comment

DonP nailed it. Fusion Deluxe. Here's the catalog scan: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...9Imports05.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X