How to read neck pocket date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to read neck pocket date

How is the production date read when looking in the neck pocket of a Japanese made Jackson? Example:

9-2 translates to: ?

My European origin causes this confusion
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Japanese dates are written Year/Month/Day, which is the opposite of how you crazy Danes do it over there.

Are there only two numbers? If so, 9-2 probably indicates February, Heisei 9 (1997 by the Japanese Imperial Calendar).
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

The Viking way is the ONLY way. Because Vikings easily gets confused. And you don't want a confused Viking, I tell ya.

But wouldn't the Chushin Gakki use the "American" way of writing the date?
      Yes, only two numbers. The 9-2 example is from a 1993 DA Custom.

Wanna see then go here and scroll to the Serial and stamping part: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/grov...ug-aldrich.htm
      Henrik

Comment

Read the article. Nice work (in progress) again.

As you are a much more knowledgable expert on the older MIJ Jacksons than I am, I will defer to your judgment that the production date is "September 1992".

BTW, who is Dough (about midway down the page)?
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
          BTW, who is Dough (about midway down the page)?
          Thanks! Corrected
          Henrik

Comment

So, no one here is sure how to read the date 9-2?

I did a search here and there are lots of posts telling that you can read the date in the neck pocket on a MIJ Jackson, but no one is describing how to read it.
            Henrik

Comment

Working...
            X