Help identifying a KING V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying a KING V?

I have a Jackson King V that I got as a gift about 10 years ago but have no idea what year, model, etc. that it is. From the pics I've seen online it looks a lot like the KV10 but mine has 22 frets. Aside from the serial # on the back (it begins with a 9) and the Made in Japan sticker on the back of the bolt-on neck, there's no info on the guitar or headstock. How can I find out what kind of guitar it is? I'm looking to probably sell it in the future so I don't wanna get ripped off or ask for too much when selling it.

KV3. http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1999Page11.jpg
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

looks like a KV3 to me, these are in the '99 catalog

Comment

Yup, KV3. Is it a sparkly purple? I had one like that some years back. Not a bad guitar. Wish I'd taken the time to swap out the JB copy that was in it - sounded like shit.

By the way, is there a small hole on the front edge of the neck heel on the body right between the front neck bolts?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

2nd digit in the serial is 6.

Can we have the whole ser # ?

Worth maybe 2 bills.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There's no hole, it's just a bad pic. The serial # is 9641566. Btw, thanks for your help. You guys are good!

Comment

Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulsOfBlack View Post
                There's no hole, it's just a bad pic. The serial # is 9641566.
                Yeah, that's right around 1999.

So, a 1999 KV3 made in Japan.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up on this board, lerxst. I'll be checking it out often.

Comment

Working...
                  X