Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuned Jackson DK2M Dinky

Hello friends
    I just want to share the modifications that I made in my DK2M dinky, although they are very modest, they are very effective I'm very happy with them

32mm Brass Sustain Block

Floyd Original Springs

Neck Pickup Swap: Seymour Duncan 59'Model 4-Conductor
    Metal Pickup Rings

Dimarzio 500k Push-Pull

Original Floyd Rose Bar

String Retainer

Allen wrench Holder

Rock ON!

Recording in Studio

How much difference does the big brass sustain block? I'm just curious. I have the same bridge and have been considering that myself.

BTW - sweet axe! I love the white body with the maple/black neck combo.

Comment

That's tits...rock on dude.

Comment

As the headstock is already angled what benefit do you get from the string retainer?
        Power chords...what more do you need?!

Comment

Originally posted by rebar71 View Post
          How much difference does the big brass sustain block? I'm just curious. I have the same bridge and have been considering that myself.

BTW - sweet axe! I love the white body with the maple/black neck combo.
          This Brass block is medium sized but very interesting, is not as good as the block that had put in my previous DK2 that was super heavy
          * his only Cons is for being so Big it limits the motion of the Floyd, with the new Block I feel now almost no difference

answering your question, in both cases it does worth the investment!
          you will feel an overall increase in sustain, the guitar has more body, high and low harmonics increaced... the difference is obvious

Originally posted by EPB View Post
          As the headstock is already angled what benefit do you get from the string retainer?
          yes, the headstock is already angled
          but as you can verify on your own guitar, when you loosen the screws the strings are separated slightly from the nut, so when you squeeze the screws again after tuning the guitar, This will detune the strings

the string retainter reduces this problem

Comment

114 views but 4 replies?

any opinion out there?

Comment

I think you about said it all dude. I have a DK2 myself and I know yours is rockin. Looks like some nice mods.

Comment

Working...
              X