NGD: 90's Jackson Performer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: 90's Jackson Performer

Hi guys, a while ago I posted about my recent purchase of a Jackson from the early 90's.

Well, here it is:

I'm fairly sure it's MIJ, I just found out it's a PS-2 but the lack of 'PS-2' on the truss cover tells me it's quite early?

More info from you guys would be much appreciated.

P

I had one of these for a week when i was 13, but for some reason i thought i didnt like it so i exchanged it for a Charvel CX592. I totally regret it now because all of the reasons i hated it back then are exactly what i love these days, plus the CX isnt all that good. (the funny thing is my friend went and bought it the day after i returned it)

Yeah id say it is MIJ due to the 12th and 24th fret inlays being so close together.

As for the truss rod cover, id say it would be a replacement, they always had the model ID on the TR cover

Comment

Originally posted by dimefan90 View Post
      I had one of these for a week when i was 13, but for some reason i thought i didnt like it so i exchanged it for a Charvel CX592. I totally regret it now because all of the reasons i hated it back then are exactly what i love these days, plus the CX isnt all that good. (the funny thing is my friend went and bought it the day after i returned it)

Yeah id say it is MIJ due to the 12th and 24th fret inlays being so close together.

As for the truss rod cover, id say it would be a replacement, they always had the model ID on the TR cover
      Thanks, You seem to know your stuff!

Comment

I have one of these, its an ugly eggplant color, only the bridge pickup works, chipped headstock, tremelo is stripped, looks like it got stuffed down a garbage disposal at one time...and it plays great! so great I never fixed the pickups. Action is lower than rats scrotum. I think mine is made in Korea though

Comment

Originally posted by Mindstein View Post
          I have one of these, its an ugly eggplant color, only the bridge pickup works, chipped headstock, tremelo is stripped, looks like it got stuffed down a garbage disposal at one time...and it plays great! so great I never fixed the pickups. Action is lower than rats scrotum. I think mine is made in Korea though
          Holy hell thats funny!

Comment

Working...
          X