No announcement yet.

Selling my RR3 and buying RR5 or RR24 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my RR3 and buying RR5 or RR24 ?

Hello everyone ,

I have a RR3 and I consider of replacing the licenced floyd with OFR . But , there are a lot of dimension problems that i have to solve , so i think of selling it and buing one of the RR5 or RR24.

Which on those two you suggest ?

As far as the quality of the RR5 - RR24 , I want answers.

I dont mind the specs because both fit well to me. I only want the more quality guitar of those two...

To be honest , i dont like the quality of RR3. This is a reason why I think of selling.

And one more question. Do you know if either RR5 or RR24 neck dives ? In my RR3 i have replace the strat button to a screw of the neck and its balanced perfect but , in the other two , I will not have this opportunity cause they are neck through !!

Thank you for your answers !!!

Can't say about RR24 since I don't own one.. But what comes to RR5: It's frigging great guitar. I love it. And it does not neck dive.
    Gear currently owned:

Ibanez RG3120TW '02, Ibanez Roadstar 440P, Samick valley arts custom pro bass, Charvel model 5
    Line 6 Pod x3 live, diy Madamp M15mk1

Comment

You could consider trying to find a used RR1.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The RR5 is a fine built guitar. high quality import. the neck does dip a bit, but its the nature of the shape. I would recommend you try a RR5, they are damn nice guitars. They seem to pop up used pretty often too. good deals.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          You could consider trying to find a used RR1.

I have allready a usa jackson sl2h and i am not sure if i can affort a RR1.

If I sell the RR3 I will take maybe around 500 euros. And I will give the most another 500 to have the RR5. But a RR1 used cost about 1500 euros... So its a nice idea but is still very expensive and ia think its too much for me to have two jacksons usa... What do you think ? Am i right ?

Comment

What don't you like about the quality of the RR3? The other ones you are looking at are made in the same factory. yes the older rr3s have shit pickups. Is it the trem? personally I think the jt580lp and the korean made floyds on the newer neck thru pros are on the same level.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but isnt the lower the model number the higher quality the guitar? Shouldnt the RR5 be a down grade from the RR3, or is this another Jackson naming scheme inconsistency? Also, while were on the topic, is $150 a good price for an RR3? Theres one for sale locally Im thinking about buying. The RR3, 5 and 1 are the only current models with pick guards, correct? Sorry, I know these are newb questions, but Im not too keen on anything other than Dinkys, Soloists and Kellys.
              Last edited by Twitch; 01-15-2011, 02:38 PM.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

id part ex the rr3 for a rr5 if if i wanted it straight away or you could sell it private and wait for the right buyer to show up
                i like the rr24 seems like a killer guitar id say its only downfall is having 1 emg in the bridge so not a lot of versatility but then again it all depends what you want it for try them out

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but isnt the lower the model number the higher quality the guitar? Shouldnt the RR5 be a down grade from the RR3, or is this another Jackson naming scheme inconsistency?
                  usa usually go down but imports go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    usa usually go down but imports go up.
                    So, for my understanding, RX10, RR3, RR5, RR5FR etc.?

Comment

So, for my understanding, RX10, RR3, RR5, RR5FR etc.?
                      the ones with letters don't count.

Comment

the ones with letters don't count.
                        Geeze, theres always something. Anyway, I know where th *X10 series fit in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

What don't you like about the quality of the RR3? The other ones you are looking at are made in the same factory. yes the older rr3s have shit pickups. Is it the trem? personally I think the jt580lp and the korean made floyds on the newer neck thru pros are on the same level.

I have one of the older jackson production with the metallic parts ( floyd rose , pickguard etc ) . I have replaced the pickups with seymour duncans. I dont like the tremolo for sure... Its perfectly setted up form the best luthier here in Athens and it doesnt stay in tune at all. I dont like the end of the fretboard. I mean where the neck pickup is , exactly in that point the fretboard seems to be very cheap and off-handedly made. Overall feeling of the guitar give the sense of a cheap guitar an not of a guitar that cost 700 euros. The only good about this guitar is the appearence . Its pretty. I have to admit. But nothing more... Do you have any other opinion ? Tell me... maybe I am wrong.

Does the RR5-RR24 have the same quality as the RR3 ? I know that they produced in the same factory but I hope to be way better than the RR3.

A big company like jackson must have OFR in guitars of 700 euros. Bcrich-charvel-schecter do the same...

To be clear dont think that i dont like jackson as company. My favourite guitar is a jackson sl2h usa. So I want a good Roadhs now , but I am not sure yet if I want to sell my RR3 ... And if RR5 is what I want...So plz help me...

Comment

RR5 : 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard; two passive pickups and classic RR controls

RR5FR : same with a Floyd and the friggin' cool pink colour

RR24 : 24 frets, ebony/maple fingerboard, single active EMG, only volume knob.

They are all great, see what kind of specs suits you best, search for a shop that has the guitar(s), try and buy.

Comment

sounds like you have a dud,
                              FYI Bcrich has floyds at low prices because they are owned by the same parent company as floyd rose so they get em cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X