No announcement yet.

Best value new parts for a Performer-2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best value new parts for a Performer-2?

I dont rate my PS-2 that highly, in fact i only just started playing it again yesterday after not touching it for 6 months! ( i play the shit out of my Charvel Model 6)

Anyway i'd like to replace the bridge, humbucker and two single coils with extremely cheap but good quality parts.

What do you guys suggest?

For the bridge i want a push in whammy bar i HATE screw in ones.

Im after a passive system for the pick ups, and will be happy as long as they are good sounding as to me the PS-2 sounds shit dirty but awesome clean.

now remember i wanna try keep this as cheap as possible too! so even a licenced floyd from a diff companies import e.g. ESP or what ever that has a push in whammy bar would be good.

cheers
    Last edited by AussieTerry84; 01-10-2011, 04:02 AM.
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

Duncan designed, dragonfire and gfs is were I'd start.

Comment

Cheap and Good are words that are usually mutually exclusive.

Look for a JT-590 trem. Most people don't realize these are made in Germany and are great quality. It's got an arm with the collar. A JT-6 has a push in bar and is cheap as well.

Agree on the Duncan Designed pickups.

Comment

Yeah i dont think there are many trems that will fit the route if u got the jt500 version, but if u got the jt580 version and its the one thats not one piece underneath you can just swap out the arm assembly. If it sounds like shit dirty(assuming using the hum) id say just change out the humbucker with any of the above suggestions

Comment

i have used the duncan designed pickups and then upgraded to the "real" duncans and the real duncans were better. but for the money its up to you if you can handle mediocre or want better than that. they're hard to beat for their price range though.
          Red JDR-94
          Maroon PS-3T with shark fin neck
          Duncan Invader pickups
          Jackson>ZW Wah>Vintage phase 90>ZW OD or Boss SD>Maxon SD9>MXR Flange 117>NS2>Bugera 1960>effects loop>boss chorus>MXR 10-band>effects loop return

Comment

And I compared a TB4 to a HB102B and they sounded exactly the same so I sold the TB4 to someone who wanted to upgrade their Duncan Designed pickups to "real" duncans

Comment

I had the orig humbucker removed from my Model 6 i think its a "J50BC"? how would that go do you think without the active mid booster for tonal qualities?
              USA Jackson RR1
              Charvel Model 6
              Jackson Performer-2
              Orange Dark Terror
              EVH 5150 LBX
              Hello Senòr

Comment

Working...
              X