Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV5FR is in and...?

Holy shit.

Ok I'm NOW a believer in the JB. Hated it at first in the Dinky but grew to like it some. But wow in this guitar is kicks some serious ass (so much so I think I may need to re-check the wiring in the dinky something must be wrong)

This thing makes my Rhoads semi-custom just about unplayable. I'm going to have to get rid of those EMG's and put in at the very least at JB in the bridge.

Makes me wonder if I selling the EMG 81's in from the semi-custom would cover or at least come close to covering new SD's installed. (I hate wiring guitars)

in any event, no this did not have binding on the neck nor headstock. no loss to me i don't really care. sounds and plays f*CKING fantastic. so much so I am thinking I'm just going to get rid of the DK2 and a couple other things and pick up another one of these. i thought the Rhoads fit me well, holy lord this thing is wow..

sorry i'm kind of gushing right now, this thing surprised the hell out of me. i'll post pictures soon. i know the purist will chime in that the US ones are still better but well, who fucking cares this thing is awesome. i'm in love with a King V... scary
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

I'm a fan of the JB. I think it sounds different in different guitars (like any pup) and I've definitely been lucky. I love them in my Model 6 and my Kelly XL.
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Great guitar

Comment

Congrats to you!
        I do not like the JB I put in my basswood DKMGT, as it lacks punch, but in my Sam Ash Soloist LE and JacksonStars NASL the JBs sound great, tight and balanced.
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
        X