New Member, First Jackson in 3 years incoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member, First Jackson in 3 years incoming

Hey guys, ever since I sold my DKMG back in 2007 I've missed and regretted it. I just scored a Jackson Dinky professional from the early/mid 1990s for $205 NZD which is a bargain AFAIK.

Anyone have any experience with these, and could you fill me in on the specs?

IIRC it has a Jackson licensed Floyd Rose, H/S/S config', maple neck, basswood body, rosewood fingerboard. (I guess I just filled the specs out myself)

I'll post pictures when I get it. It looks in need of a setup so I'll do before and afters

P

Welcome back! Post the ser # too.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome...

Comment

Dinky std or xl would be my guess w out pics
        Basswood body, rosewood fretboard and a jt580 or jt590 trem and j100 single coils
        But could very well be a soloist.....pics!

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
          Dinky std or xl would be my guess w out pics
          Basswood body, rosewood fretboard and a jt580 or jt590 trem and j100 single coils
          But could very well be a soloist.....pics!
          Yeah, no actually I just grabbed the pictures and it's definitely a dinky. I'd remember if jackson produced bolt on soloists in the 90's. I could be horribly wrong, which would be a good thing because I hate the word 'dinky', heh...

Here are the sellers badly taken pictures, haha:

Last edited by Peter; 01-02-2011, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Welcome back! Post the ser # too.
            I don't have it yet, will do that when I receive it.

Comment

Hmmm im kinda stumped. Jt500, 24 fret w dot inlays, and h/s/s config........i thought all the 24fret dinkys had offset dots or sharkies

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                I don't have it yet, will do that when I receive it.
                Good idea to ask for this when you inquire about a for sale guitar....

Comment

........i thought all the 24fret dinkys had offset dots or sharkies
                  There is a Dinky Professional that has regular dots, but it also has a pickguard and a JT-580.

Hmmm im kinda stumped. Jt500, 24 fret w dot inlays, and h/s/s config
                  These specs match a PS-2, which is a Jackson Dinky Performer from the mid 90s. Maybe the OP is a Performer? I can't read the headstock script on that 1st pic.

Comment

Ugh. Clean that trem or junk it.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yeah has to be a performer i think. So after 94 id guess

Comment

Yeah has to be a performer i think. So after 94 id guess

From the 95 catalog scan
                        http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...rmerPage02.jpg
                        One thing i noticed is the 12th fret markers are farther apart in the catalog than on the OPs pic
                        Last edited by jdr94; 01-02-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

One thing i noticed is the 12th fret markers are farther apart in the catalog than on the OPs pic
                          So, then, maybe it's a MIJ Performer, thus why I ask for ser #s all the time.

Comment

Working...
                          X