Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Kelly KX10D

Hi guys,

Apologies if this thread already exists, I tried using the search function but couldn't find what I was after.

I recently started playing guitar again after a 4 year break [yeah massive, i know!] and picked up a new old stock circa 2000 Indian made Jackson Kelly KX10D, serial #01010142. I absolutely love the shape and feel of this guitar... hate the crappy trem though, and i'm definitely looking to upgrade the electronics/pickups in it, too.

I was just wondering about a few things: Are the bodies on this model Alder wood? I've decided on a Seymour Duncan custom in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck based on the assumption that these models are indeed Alder. And would a standard original Floyd Rose drop into this guitar no worries?

I'm sure many would be with the notion that it might be better to just sell it and buy a MIJ or MIA, but I'm a left hander in Australia and don't come along these too often.

Thanks for all the help guys!

- Anthony

if its an x series their usually made out of basswood and as far as the floyd im not to sure have a look on floyd rose website you can get dimensions off there

Comment

This is a 2001.

According to the specs in the 2001 catalog, this model had Alder body, JT-500 Trem.

Catalogs have been known to be wrong however, so a sharp photograph of inside the cavity would help for sure, Audie. As for the trem, now you can search on JT-500.

Welcome & good luck.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If it is indeed a JT-500, a Floyd Rose will not fit, but a Schaller will.
        Good choice on the pup selection.
        But by the time you add up all the replacement part costs, you may just be better off keeping this as is and buying a KE3.
        Good luck on finding lefties... hard to come by.

Oh and welcome to the show!
        -Rick

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, i'll get a pic off to you when I can. I'm actually gonna try an EMG 81/85 combo that my friend isn't using anymore, fitting the battery in will be a whole other story though lol.

RacerX: Which cavity exactly? I opened up the 2 back panels and there's no hint of woodgrain? Would you be talking about between the neck and body? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Audile View Post
            Thanks for the replies guys, i'll get a pic off to you when I can. I'm actually gonna try an EMG 81/85 combo that my friend isn't using anymore, fitting the battery in will be a whole other story though lol.

RacerX: Which cavity exactly? I opened up the 2 back panels and there's no hint of woodgrain? Would you be talking about between the neck and body? Thanks
            Yes, they always put markings in there to tell you what model the neck is, and the model the guitar body is.

My RR3 body came with a KVX10 neck!

Comment

Hey guys, managed to gte some pics this weekend whilst changing the stock DD's for my friend's spare EMG 81/85s. The battery just fit in the wiring cavity, no drilling required

Next on my list is a decent trem [a Schaller by the looks of it]

Here are the pics:

Could anyone confirm the body/neck/trem type from these? Thanks alot guys!

Comment

I see you got the battery to fit

Comment

il geuss the body is either basswood or alder the neck is maple the trem just looks like a liscenced jackson jt 580 floyd

Comment

The trem is a JT580LP.
                    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies =)

Can anyone confirm if a floyd rose or Schaller would replace the JT580LP? Also, is anyone able to confirm if the body is Alder or basswood?

Thanks again guys

Comment

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...2000Page16.jpg

found your guitar picture verry blurry

Comment

Originally posted by Audile View Post
                          Thanks for the replies =)

Can anyone confirm if a floyd rose or Schaller would replace the JT580LP? Also, is anyone able to confirm if the body is Alder or basswood?

Thanks again guys
                          OFR is a direct drop-in replacement for the JT-590LP. Nice guitar. Love Kelly's...never seen a lefty before though..
                          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by guitardudeluke View Post
                            if its an x series their usually made out of basswood and as far as the floyd im not to sure have a look on floyd rose website you can get dimensions off there
                            alder bodied guitars!! I own one, and studied the specs for months before I pulled the trigger.
                            Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Working...
                            X