Need some info please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some info please..

Recently received a Jackson as a gift and am curious as to model, year and worth. I believe it is a Soloist, but not sure..serial no. on neck plate..01120191..no other markings on neck or head. If I have read right this shows it was made in either Korea or India, I'm not sure. Thinking of selling but want to know what I have before I do..sorry, new member so not allowed attachments at this time, so no pics...has volume and tone, 3-way switch for dual pickups(not sure what brand) and has the wide spaced inlays at the 12th fret...any info is appreciated!

Neck plate means it's not a Soloist (Soloists are neckthrough/set neck). You should still be able to link pics from a hosting site like imageshack or photobucket. That would make it a lot easier for us to help.

Comment

Go upload pics on www.imageshack.us

Not much to say so far, but I can tell you it's not a soloist. Most likely a dinky.

Comment

not sure if this worked, trying to use imageshack...

Comment

Originally posted by cixelsyd View Post
          Neck plate means it's not a Soloist (Soloists are neckthrough/set neck). You should still be able to link pics from a hosting site like imageshack or photobucket. That would make it a lot easier for us to help.
          I don't think I've seen a set neck soloist. Custom shop?

To Lizeewd:

I don't think Jackson's are made in Korea. India is typical with wide spaced dots. I don't know the model or the year. Worth? Around $150 without case. Pics would help.

Comment

if this one doesnt show up, not sure what I'm doing wrong, here's a link (Ihope)http://img155.imageshack.us/i/1002016q.jpg/

Comment

Your link works.

JS something or other... It's one of the cheapies. I don't know much about those, sorry, no Floyd - no care.

Comment

Yup - it's a nice paperweight at the least.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  I don't think I've seen a set neck soloist. Custom shop?
                  A couple of the Professional series Soloists (ATT/ATN) had set necks. http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...p#proconftable

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

I don't think Jackson's are made in Korea. India is typical with wide spaced dots. I don't know the model or the year. Worth? Around $150 without case. Pics would help.
                    Don,

Not anymore, but they used to be. IIRC the 01xxxxxx # could be a Made In Korea. Used, 22 fret 2 hum MIK Dinky IMO = closer to $ 90.00 OBO
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X