DK2 quality comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 quality comparison

I have a Charvel Predator that needs some new frets and a Jackson Kelly Std.

For those of you who have played both, would the DK2 be a step up in quality from either of those models?
    Scott

Never touched a predator. But if the Kelly standard (professional??) neck is anything like the XL (spec-wise I mean), Then the neck will probably be way different than the DK2. Wide and thin. Bodys are Kelly=Poplar, DK2=Alder. . DK2 has Duncans, right? I think the DK2 may have better features but the Kelly would be better in playability for me. Kinda comparing apples to... pointy oranges.
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Yeah I know the neck profiles and such will be different. I was just wondering if there would be a big jump up in quality. Would it be like jumping from a JS to a Pro, or is it more like an X to a Pro, or is it no jump at all?
      Scott

Comment

The predator is the best bolt on J/C ever put out.(import wise)

Comment

Aah. Sorry. My opinion on that is the Professionals are the best quality imports I've played and felt. Assuming that the Std is about the same quality as the XL (barring features), I'd say not much jump if any. For me it would be a downgrade cause I like the feel and playability of the Professionals better.
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
          X