Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded rr24

Hi,
    didnt like the frt-0-2000 that came with it, so i bought a german ofr (chrome)

here it is.

Has a lot more bite to the notes and holds tune much better.

PS. the bridge isnt set up yet, hence the saddles being in a line
    http://img715.imageshack.us/i/image003at.jpg
    http://img413.imageshack.us/i/image004jatjw.jpg
    http://img844.imageshack.us/i/83307023.jpg
    Marshall JCM800 2203
    G12K-100w Cabinet
    Jackson RR24

How does it hold tune better if it isn't intonated which means you can't put it in tune? :think:
    sorry I think it's all in your head that your korean floyd didn't stay in tune because it's all in your head that this one is even in tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      sorry I think it's all in your head that your korean floyd didn't stay in tune because it's all in your head that this one is even in tune.

+1

Comment

It's not the floyd you've got, its how well you set up. My Warrior Pro has a rusty JT-590 and never goes out of tune.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I have a low pro floyd on my jackson. This guitars never ever goes out of tune nor does it ever break strings. Never had a floating bridge do that and ive owned floyd originals before.. Im definitely blessed with this bridge
          Last edited by Brandenburg; 08-23-2010, 07:05 PM.
          GEAR:
          #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
          #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
          #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
          #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
          #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
          AMPS:
          1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
          ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Feel the love. Wouldn't have bought it if the old one didn't work. I'm plenty pleased with it, whether anyone really cares. Maybe should've posted in the pics thread but it was a late smokey night.
            Marshall JCM800 2203
            G12K-100w Cabinet
            Jackson RR24

Comment

right on!! if it makes you happy, then cool!! if the guitar is more stable now, even better!!!
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Looks great with chrome HW on it.

Comment

I have an RR24M in black and the Floyd never gives me any problems. If it wasn't for the color change that you wanted to do, I'd rather have spent the money on something that would make a bigger difference.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    I have an RR24M in black and the Floyd never gives me any problems. If it wasn't for the color change that you wanted to do, I'd rather have spent the money on something that would make a bigger difference.
                    I really want toi change the my floyd because of the color.. its chrome and i want black... Im so afraid that If i replace my trem, the guitar just wont play worth a damn anymore.. trying not to mess up a good thing.. besides.. i'm not paying $150 for a color change..
                    GEAR:
                    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                    AMPS:
                    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                      How does it hold tune better if it isn't intonated which means you can't put it in tune? :think:
                      I took his post to mean that the strings themselves(played open) stay in tune better, as in, they don't go sharp or flat with trem use. Intonation keep all notes up and down the neck in tune with each other.

Comment

[QUOTEI took his post to mean that the strings themselves(played open) stay in tune better, as in, they don't go sharp or flat with trem use. Intonation keep all notes up and down the neck in tune with each other. ][/QUOTE] so you are saying he sat there and played the guitar with a tuner plugged in(not going to notice "more bite" that way). If that's what he did it would pickup up slight moments, the best way to tell if a string goes out is if you check it against another string right?

Comment

I'm saying that he may have tuned up, messed with the trem for a bit, and then checked the tuner again, finding that it was still in tune. I never mentioned bite, though I do believe that a difference could be noticed before intonation(even when not plugged into an amp).
                          Last edited by spider murphy; 08-26-2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

My question is...When people post pics, why is there not a shot with the whole guitar in there? I don't mind closeups of the body or the bridge, etc., but for the overall effect, I want shots of the WHOLE guitar!! I propose it be a rule that if you're going to post a closeup pic, there must be a shot of the whole guitar as well, dammit!
                            My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Gtwgits!
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X