Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me identify this Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me identify this Rhoads?

Hi, i'm more of an Ibanez/Dean man, not particuarly good when it comes to Jacksons. At my birthday last month though alot of my mates brought round their guitars and a friend of mine brought his new Jackson. It can slightly be seen here, second from the end on the right:

He left it after the party and I spent the weekend with it and pretty much fell in love with it (that sounds bizzare...) but I just cannot find out what model it is. It had a 24 Fret bolt on neck and Duncan designed pickups which were pretty high output and clear, the neck was painted a gloss black and it was made in India. Can anybody help me? My mate brought it from a Pawn shop so he doesn't know the model either.

From the TOM, dot inlays, 24 frets, and Made In India, I supposed it's a JS Series Rhoads that somebody probably painted or got painted. The pickup config seems weird to me, but the person who painted that probably had some extra pickups lying around and decided to throw them in.

Comment

Yup, JS30RR. If you fell in love with this "bottom of the line" Jackson, wonder what you would do with a RR3, RR5, RR24 or RR1 !
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's a JS30RR; bottom of the barrel.
        I think there was a limited run done in black with gold stripes, as I've seen another one just like it.

Comment

I think there was a limited run done in black with gold stripes, as I've seen another one just like it.
          I remember seeing it too. I thought it might have been a non usa sold model. I think it was posted in a thread too.

Comment

Ahh right, thanks guys (first week of work haven't had time to post back) bottom of the line eh? That's weird that because i've played some pretty nice guitars but something about it just felt right. Oddly enough though there was also an RR3 at my party and I hated it, probably should've spent more time with it though. Thanks again guys!

Comment

The neck shape between the JS series and the RR3 are very different. You should try the Rx10d, the necks inbetween the 2.

Comment

Working...
              X