My import jackson journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My import jackson journey

When i was in highschool, ive been dreaming of jackson guitars for 2 years and believe me, they were very difficult to get then here in the philippines. they now only sell X series guitars and a Pro series every other month or so. Anyway, i was able to get a BRAND NEW PS3T Rhoads Performer in 2002 from hong kong which was weird because it was the same price as the old duncan designed rr3. i chose the japanese performer because of the color (which was strange considering its been unsold for so long). My first jackson ever!!! I couldnt believe my eyes and it was really incredible. 2 years after, i sold it and acquired an 89 charvel model 3DR, and saved the rest of the money to hopefully get a USA select. My thoughts on the rhoads compared to the charvel, Rhoads had a really thin thin thin neck and was quite light. The charvel on the other hand had a rounder and fatter neck. although the wood on the charvel was incredibly tougher than the performer that easily dented/scratched. Afterward selling the charvel, i had the money to get a 2nd hand USA, but i ended up buying a jackson stars king V with a kahler. I lost all my money buying that brand new from japan. and my thoughts on the stars was it was like the "ferrari" of the jacksons. It was light, finished excellently, and had top notch hardware. The neck felt very new. It seemed fatter than the performer but thinner than the charvel, but still wasnt a flatter back neck. pretty U shaped somewhat. I never got to use the king V too much because of its size and risk of buming around my small workspace, so i finally traded it for a 93 RR Professional, and a DK2S which i sold. Thoughs on the DK2S? Honestly, one of the worst and fattest jackson necks ive played on. Very fat and very round. It wasnt exactly bad but it was FAR from every jackson ive played in my life. Then i spent some extra money to buy this worn out Kelly STD and the neck is the thinnest and flattest at the back, yet kinda wider i think. So there is my experience on jacksons. Now im really wondering, is it really all that worth to sell my kelly std and the RR Pro to end up with just 1 USA jackson? or do you guys think the PRO really is that close enough to the US? i havent seen any USA jackson in the Philippines so trying one is really out of the question for me sadly... its only going to be by international order if ever... what would jesus do?
    Last edited by leevan_lee; 06-17-2010, 11:22 AM.

Hey! I'm half Philipino and I've actually lived over there so I know how the guitar situation with Jacksons is! RJ Guitars, eh?
    Anyway. A Jackson Stars with A Kahler? C'mon man, that's like my dream guitar and you just sold it!
    But my Jackson Soloist Pro is the best guitar I've played but I've never tried a USA JAckson actually. They don't sell them in my town.

Just be sure your Pro is the real deal and not the crappier ones.

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ofessional.htm

Comment

If you have one of the original Jackson Pro's you have the same guitar as the USA version, there's no need to change to get better quality, it won't be any better, just a different guitar.

Comment

The neck on my 1989 USA Dinky is nice and thin (front to back).

The necks on all of my Japanese soloists (Grover Jackson, Jackson Stars) are about the same thinness.

The neck on my 2009 USA SL2H is a bit fatter.

Hope this helps!
        -QR
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

thanks, i was just afraid that getting an above year 2000 US jackson might feel very different from the rhoads pro. because i was really shocked and disappointed at how different the neck on the 2005? 2007? DK2S felt (very fat and very round) compared to the early 90s kelly std and rhoads pro. so i guess im stopping with this rhoads pro

Comment

the original Pros are great guitars.
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
            X