Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR3 Allen Key Size

Hey all,

i bought a Rhoads RR3 yesterday in red. Looks awesome!! It's as new & never really been played, & got it for a bargain. Would've been rude to say no!

Anyway, i can't find my old allen key set, so can't unlock the head nuts to re-tune it. Plus the action is too low on the high E, so can't adjust that.

Does anyone know which imperial/metric size allen key i need please?

Many thank :-)

You need a 3 mm wrench.

Comment

Thanks dude. Not sure what a wrench is tho, in relation to a guitar tool. Is it totally different from an allen key?

Comment

I'm pretty certain that the imports use a 7mm box wrench rather than an allen key.

http://www.guitarnucleus.com/gnstore/tools.html

Comment

Cheers for that mate.

I've actually got a Caparison Orbit, which i never play as i bought it from my favourite guitarist :-) (awesome guitar but don't wanna break a string..lol).....i'll check the case to see if that has a wrench that fits. If not, then i'll go buy one that does.

Comment

Originally posted by sanders83 View Post
            Thanks dude. Not sure what a wrench is tho, in relation to a guitar tool. Is it totally different from an allen key?
            Allen key, hex key, Allen wrench, hex wrench, whatever you want to call it. We'd already established you understood what type of wrench, I just told you the size. :dunno:

Originally posted by dg View Post
            I'm pretty certain that the imports use a 7mm box wrench rather than an allen key.

http://www.guitarnucleus.com/gnstore/tools.html
            That's for the truss rod. I think you are right though and I bet he needs one of those too.

But I think he wants to unlock the locking nut and adjust the bridge posts, unless I misunderstand him.

While you're at it sanders83 you should grab a 2.5 mm Allen key if you do your own setups/adjust intonation yourself. If you're just a "restring and tune it myself" kind of guy you can get away with just the 3 mm wrench.

Comment

I thought a wrench was different from an allen key. Take no notice of me..haha.

Thanks for your help guys. A 3mm & 2.5mm is what i'll go & buy. Much appreciated all.

Comment

Working...
              X