1990 fusion "pro"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 fusion "pro"

to all my friends at JCF , i purchased new in august of 1990, a Jackson Fusion "pro" series. Transparent amber over flame maple, active electronics, 5-way, bound neck, inlays, the works. (if you find on-line an origial catalog, you will see my guitar, it's the one from the catalog-finish and all!!) So here is my dilemma, In trying attain a value for this bird, i have discovered, that all jackson 'pro' series had a Jat the start of the serial # and 7 didgits in the serial#. Mine has no J and only 6 didgits. the serial # is 900890, like i have said i owned this guitar from new, august 1990, and still have it. Any info would be great anf i do appreciate your time.. kev.

Guess its my turn, $400!
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

My Fusion Pro also has a 6 digit serial number beginning with 9.

Comment

Originally posted by kevfusion View Post
        In trying attain a value for this bird
        If you've had it for 20 years, why part with it?

Comment

Originally posted by kevfusion View Post
          i have discovered, that all jackson 'pro' series had a Jat the start of the serial # and 7 didgits in the serial#. Mine has no J and only 6 didgits.
          that's a neckthru thing, not a PRO thing. Yours is a bolt-on so your serial number is correct
          Hail yesterday

Comment

How are you certain you have the catalog guitar? Or are you saying it's the same finish as the one in the catalog?
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

same finish as the catalog guitar, and as far as a neck thru or bolt on, what would the difference be? a pro is a pro is it not? I am just asking because i am getting conflicting reports on the serial# issue..

Comment

they used different serials for bolt-ons and neckthrus. Check the US Serial # Charts and you'll see this has always been the case.

For the imports, J serials are for neckthru Jacksons, C serials are neckthru Charvels. Import bolt-ons, starting with the Model series Charvels, initially had 6 digit serials. This continued into import Jackson bolt-ons. In due course, they started using 7 digit and then 8 digit serials.

There are exceptions & variations, but these are the general rules.

I don't know where your conflicting information is coming from but your serial number sounds right for an import Jackson made in 1990.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Nothing conflicting about it, yours is a 1990, and it's a bolt on. As described above, there is a different numbering scheme for neck throughs. I thought you might have had the actual catalog guitar, that would have been really cool.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                  X