90's mij jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's mij jacksons

What are some of the best jacksons that came from the earley 90's iam wanting to start geting my hands on some witch models had schaler's or I guss you would call j 580's looking for the names of the highest qualty ones
    Last edited by djford; 04-08-2010, 10:45 AM.
    2009 black sl1 usa
    fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
    Burgundy mist model 3
    black model 1 emg
    black model 3 h/s/s
    2005 pointy charvel
    2009 black rr1

For the most part you'll be looking for Professional Series "Pro" models. Tons of info on this site, just do a search.
    Scott

Comment

on some witch models had schaler's or I guss you would call j 580's looking for the names of the highest qualty ones
      the schaller's were the JT590 and have the screws coming out the back. They will say made in germany next to the bar hole. the other professional series from that time period are all really good.

Comment

Yea I know all of the pro models are great my dad just scored a 93 jtx haven't got to play it yet. Can anybody give me exact model names some of the pro are bolt on and some neck through I know it's easy to do searces but I want direct responses please
        2009 black sl1 usa
        Burgundy mist model 3
        black model 1 emg
        black model 3 h/s/s
        2005 pointy charvel
        2009 black rr1

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jackson+professional+series&l=1

Comment

Iam also looking for price ranges
            2009 black sl1 usa
            Burgundy mist model 3
            black model 1 emg
            black model 3 h/s/s
            2005 pointy charvel
            2009 black rr1

Comment

Dinky Reverse
              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

$400. Sorry, inside joke. Best bet for price ranges is to look on Ebay completed listings but the models vary quite a bit so one could say between $50 and $1000 is the range. Can you give us more information on what are you looking for? Body shape, bolt on or neck through, neck binding, inlay type, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by djford View Post
                  Yea I know all of the pro models are great my dad just scored a 93 jtx haven't got to play it yet. Can anybody give me exact model names some of the pro are bolt on and some neck through I know it's easy to do searces but I want direct responses please
                  Generally, the bolt-ons are either "Std" or "XL", and the neck-through models are "Pro". Check the catalog scans for more info on the models. As far as prices go, I've seen them go for anywhere from $100 to $1000+. It all depends on which model, condition, etc.

http://audiozone.dk/cm/thumbnails.php?album=61
                  Scott

Comment

Just about any of the guitars from the Jackson "Professional" series of guitars in the late 80s through mid 90s are what you're looking for.

For bolt on guitars you can look at the Dinky Rev or Dinky RVS, which is basically a nicer finished version of the Rev (Sharkies for inlays and bound fretboard insted of the Rev's dot inlays and unbound board).

As for the Soloist "Professionals" they're all made from essentially the same body blank, just again, kitted out differently. The Standard is the "lowest" model, which I have and it absolutely shreds. The XL has a bound rosewood fretboard with sharktooth inlays and also a JT590 made by Schaller instead of the JT580 thats on the STD model. The Soloist Pro has a bound ebony fretboard, sharktooh inlays, JT590 trem and an active midboost circuit designed to work with the pickups it has (The STD and XL have the same passive set of pickups, the Pro has actives).

A lot of other models like the Warrior, Fusion, RR, KV etc. have models in the "Professional" series, but may only have the top level "Pro" model.

Check Ebay. Also check local shops, for whatever reason A LOT of older Jacksons have been popping up lately. Sometimes you run across a great deal.

Comment

So a 90's dinky pro is good to start off my collection for my first besides my dads jxt
                      2009 black sl1 usa
                      Burgundy mist model 3
                      black model 1 emg
                      black model 3 h/s/s
                      2005 pointy charvel
                      2009 black rr1

Comment

Originally posted by Krymson86 View Post
                        The Soloist Pro has a bound ebony fretboard, sharktooh inlays, JT590 trem and an active midboost circuit designed to work with the pickups it has (The STD and XL have the same passive set of pickups, the Pro has actives).
                        Jackson did not make any active pickups. They're all passive.
                        If it came with Reflex pickups, then they're active.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by djford View Post
                          So a 90's dinky pro is good to start off my collection for my first besides my dads jxt
                          I'm pretty sure there is no dinky pro model. The top tier dinky model was the XL. There's a Stealth Pro and a Fusion Pro, though. They both have the JT-590.

Comment

The Dinky Rev and JTX are most definitely NOT in the same caliber as the original Professional series, those were the elite imports: ebony fingerboards, mop inlays, neck/headstock binding, active electronics, Schaller trems, etc.

If you're a Jackson diehard fan and want to start up a nice collection that has value and taste the run of the mill Pro is not a good choice. Now, find a few Warrior Pro, Archtop Soloist Pro LTD's, AT Pro, Soloist, or Rhoads Pro and that will get you started.
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Jackson did not make any active pickups. They're all passive.
                              If it came with Reflex pickups, then they're active.
                              My mistake. The Pro model does have the active boost circuit though.

As for the various models in the Professional series, as far as playability, and build quality, all the Professional Series models are awesome. However the models dubbed "Pro" (I.E. Soloist Pro, Warrior Pro etc. etc.) feature the nicest finishing kit, the top level JT590 trem, ebony fret boards, neck and headstock binding etc are the nicest ones from the series and probably the ones that depreciate in value the least.

But if you end up with a non-"Pro" model from the Professional series, it's still a great guitar. But if you're looking to start a collection for both aesthetics AND playability, then I agree, finding a Pro model should be your goal. If you just want a great playing guitar, any of the Professional series will be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X