Would like some info on my Roswell Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like some info on my Roswell Rhoads

I've had my Roswell for a couple of months now and have always wanted one for many many years. I've always wanted an aluminum bodied one but could only find the Japanese wooden body ones. I found this one ebay that had only been listed for 2 hours before I snagged it up I paid 600 for it and it doesn't have a single scratch or ding on it nowhere. It really looks like somebody just bought it, played it once or twice, then put it in storage. The frets had a real nasty dull finish, so I polished them to a real nice shine. Replaced the duncan design pickup with a EMG H4, new jack, new screws etc. etc. just to make her look like brand new again, and it does.

Trust me everybody, i'm not asking for information to sell it. This one is going nowhere! Here are a couple of pics.

I'd hate to ask this also, (like i said, i'm not selling it or using the forum for information to sell it, just personal reference since I don't really know a lot about the roswells other than the wooden bodies were built in japan) but what is this guitar worth? I seen a solid black one on ebay today that was in much rougher shape than mine that had a Buy It Now for 899 and 4 hours later its sold.. are they really worth that much or was somebody just desperately seeking to buy one?

Thanks for all your help, if you need some type of verification that proves this is indeed mine I will be glad to prove it for information on them.
    Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
    http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Well, you just snagged it for $600, so...it's worth $600. End of thread.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They're increasing in value. BIN prices are not an accurate representation of what they'd sell for in a bidding war. I got a PCS Rhoads a few years back for $1100 BIN, and bidding on those went up well above that. $600 is a smoking deal for a Roswell Pro.

As for the aluminum, I had one, and honestly it's a giant dobro. The wooden imports are way better. I just wish they had 2 hums and a Floyd.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        They're increasing in value. BIN prices are not an accurate representation of what they'd sell for in a bidding war. I got a PCS Rhoads a few years back for $1100 BIN, and bidding on those went up well above that. $600 is a smoking deal for a Roswell Pro.

As for the aluminum, I had one, and honestly it's a giant dobro. The wooden imports are way better. I just wish they had 2 hums and a Floyd.
        Ahh, so its a Roswell Pro. I did some searching on the forum and I remember seeing the Rhoads thread and you've got all the kick ass Rhoads. Is your Roswell Pro the same black w/ blue metallic flake as well?

I would just want the aluminum one just to have. Give her a good polishing and watch it shine like chrome

What really just sparked my curiosity on the price was that one that was in worse shape that sold for ~300 more.

Thanks for the info!
        Chris

My fleet of guitars

Comment

Like newc said, 600 was a good deal.
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Can we see a pic of the whole guitar? I think it looks amazing even though I've never been into the Roswells that much.
            Gear

Jackson DXMG
            Jackson JS30RR
            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
            Blackstar HT5H
            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
            Marshall JCM 800 2203
            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Mine was black. I sold it a few years ago. Couldn't get along with the single-pickup AND lack of Floyd

I also had a GroverJackson Roswell (Japanese domestic market model) that had a regular pointyhead and a stopbar, and dot inlays. The pickup in it kicked more ass than the Duncan Designed that came in the Pro.

And the Pointy Dobro:

Got this one dirt fkn cheap cuz the neck was busted by some guy's neice (stepped on it, as I recall).
              Scored a replacement neck straight from Jackson's repair guys in Ft Worth.
              That's the original neck under the guitar.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by CKJ View Post
                I seen a solid black one on ebay today that was in much rougher shape than mine that had a Buy It Now for 899 and 4 hours later its sold.. are they really worth that much or was somebody just desperately seeking to buy one?
                As I've seen time and time again, ebay can be like fishing. You can throw in a huge hook, and sometimes you get lucky and get a big one. Other times you might half to wait and wait and wait, eating it in ebay fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                  Can we see a pic of the whole guitar? I think it looks amazing even though I've never been into the Roswells that much.
                  Sure, let me take it outside for a sec. For some reason I didn't take a pic of the whole front. I just go for the desktop wall paper shots

Chris

My fleet of guitars

Comment

Originally posted by CKJ View Post
                    Sure, let me take it outside for a sec. For some reason I didn't take a pic of the whole front. I just go for the desktop wall paper shots

I never used to like Roswells but that one just looks AMAZING!
                    Gear

Jackson DXMG
                    Jackson JS30RR
                    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                    Blackstar HT5H
                    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                    Marshall JCM 800 2203
                    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                      I never used to like Roswells but that one just looks AMAZING!
                      Thanks Mazz! I'm glad it was the one to convert you
                      Chris

My fleet of guitars

Comment

Nice score. That is certified p0rn. The finish is awesome. How are you finding access to the upper frets? I'd love to have one of these, but that's the only thing that worries me.
                        Last edited by Disturbing Manor; 04-04-2010, 06:44 PM.
                        The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbing Manor View Post
                          Nice score. That is certified p0rn. The finish is awesome. How are you finding access to the upper frets? I'd love to have one of these, but that's the only thing that worries me.
                          I had no idea the guitar's finish would be that much of a hit

The upper fret access is pretty sweet IMO. You can use the body to rest your palm on while getting down on the 21st fret all the way up from the low e to the high e. Its quite comfortable!
                          Chris

My fleet of guitars

Comment

ugly guitar thats all i have to say i would never get one
                            i always thought they where a joke but i guess not
                            do jackson still make em?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Well, you just snagged it for $600, so...it's worth $600. End of thread.
                              +1

Yes... none more black
                              sigpic
                              Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X