Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stealth EX

Hi,

just need a few infos about that guitar (pics are on the way ).
    Just saw the pictures from the catalogue, it's from the professional series. Are all Stealths made in Japan?

kind regarts,

René
    RATT RULES!

Or could someone tell me something about the quality/playability?
    RATT RULES!

Comment

Yes, the stealths are all made in japan. The stealth ex is the cheaper of the models so it has the basswood body and different pups. The body is slimmer than other dinky shaped guitars so it is much lighter. The neck is just like any other jackson bolt on of the era, thin. Its hss which is an odd combo for a dinky bolt on so thats a plus if you like that pup combo. Its a decent guitar.

Comment

you won't be disappointed

Comment

Very comfortable guitar, sort of like Jackson's version of the Ibanez Sabre 540S. IIRC it has JH-2 pickup in the bridge (I forget what is in the neck) with the older Schaller JT-590 bridge. The neck is unique as there weren't many 22 fret bolt on imports during that time besides the Randy Rhoads and the Stealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
            The stealth ex is the cheaper of the models so it has the basswood body...
            But basswood is also used on the prestige ibanez models, so it's not inferior to other woods. Just a matter of taste!

I live in germany and i can get it from a good friend o' mine... how much would you pay (pics are coming in a few hours)?
            RATT RULES!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
              Very comfortable guitar, sort of like Jackson's version of the Ibanez Sabre 540S. IIRC it has JH-2 pickup in the bridge (I forget what is in the neck) with the older Schaller JT-590 bridge. The neck is unique as there weren't many 22 fret bolt on imports during that time besides the Randy Rhoads and the Stealth.
              Ya know. I thought that the xl had the 590 and the ex had the 580. And I thought it was ebony vs rosewood between the 2 also. But from looking at the catalog scans it appears the they both have rosewood boards and 580 trems. Its the "pro" model that has all the goodies. I think they only made the pro model for 1 or 2 years. He's got an ex so its 580 and rosewood for him. I didnt mean to say that basswood was bad, just that if you were hoping for one of those nice trans finishes with the nicely grained ash body, that wasnt available in ex trim. I think JWL recently had a trans red one. It was pretty. Mines black, nothing fancy. Heres the one that John had.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...hlight=stealth

It looks a lot nicer in a better light.
              Last edited by Carbuff; 03-22-2010, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Well i can get one in black. Don't need a trans-finish or a flamed top...
                What would you say about the quality of this guitar? Is it "better" than todays japanese jacksons (dk2, dr3...) I'd read about a "golden era" of the japanese built jacksons. Someone know where they were built (fujigen maybe)?
                RATT RULES!

Comment

Well.... the Ser.Nr. is 9420825, I'd read that a 7-digit SN which starts with a "9" always belong to a japanese bolt-on, right?
                  In which year was this guitar built?
                  RATT RULES!

Comment

Stealth XL Pro. Value: five dolla'.

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

In the US, you can probably get a Stealth EX any day of the week for $250-300. They're nice players, but nothing amazing in terms of features. The smaller size is what makes them appealing to a lot of people. I have a Stealth TH-2 ("Thinline") and Super Dinky SDK-2 that have the same body style, and they are definitely lighter than my other Jacksons.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X