Js 20 pickup upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Js 20 pickup upgrade

I just got a brand new js20 its in trans black I would like to know if i should keep the pickups it has or upgrade them for something better, and i would also like to know what pickups i should get? Personally i like my SL3's JB and Hot Rails
    Last edited by SL3guy; 02-19-2010, 12:19 AM. Reason: What pickups should i get
    SL3 guy
    2001 Amber Sunburst SL3
    1995 Snow White Fusion EX
    1990 Purple Charvette
    2010 Trans Black/Trans Blue JS20

Only you can say whether you should upgrade them. Do you like them fine as they are?
    What's in there just now?
    What kind of music are you going to play on it?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

On an inexpensive guitar, my first decision would be whether or not I like how it feels and plays. If I decide it's a keeper, then there's the question of how much to spend upgrading. It might not be a bad idea to try one of the "budget" brands like GFS.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SL3guy View Post
        I just got a brand new js20 its in trans black I would like to know if i should keep the pickups it has or upgrade them for something better, and i would also like to know what pickups i should get? Personally i like my SL3's JB and Hot Rails
        Just curious. Whay would you get and entry level JS20 if you already have an SL3? I'd think it wouldn't get much use.

Pickups - Well, you don't want to double the investment in the guitar unless you really dig it. Do you want all your guitars to sound the same or have some variety?

Comment

If you pull the pickups out and want to sell them let me know. I've been looking for a set of those. I used to have a JS20 and kind of liked the pickups in it.

Comment

i want to pull them but i think im going to wait
            SL3 guy
            2001 Amber Sunburst SL3
            1990 Purple Charvette

Comment

The JB/Jazz combo has always been my favorite.

Comment

I have a JS20, and I put a set of Seymour Duncans in it - Full Shred (TB-10) in the bridge position, Classic Stack (STK1) in the middle, and a Hot Rails in the neck. I'm not sure about the Classic Stack on its own, but it seems to sound ok when combined with the Hot Rails. I find I get a reasonable variety of sounds from this combination, although I did not hate the original pickups.
                A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

yeah the original pickups arent bad but they just dont have the sound im looking for and i like the hot rail at the neck what does a tb-10 sound like
                  SL3 guy
                  2001 Amber Sunburst SL3
                  1990 Purple Charvette

Comment

Working...
                  X