My new SLAT3-7!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post
    they started making them without binding, and the standard size sharkies...

they then changed the specs to the new ones...

I have a trans black with binding, and a natty without...
    So can you confirm all SLAT3-7s from here on out will have binding, correctly sized inlays and a larger logo? I'm gonna order one during summer if they do.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
      So can you confirm all SLAT3-7s from here on out will have binding, correctly sized inlays and a larger logo? I'm gonna order one during summer if they do.
      I just asked Nick (Jacksonite) about this on the Megadeth boards here was his response.

Originally posted by King V
      they are going to have binding from here on out

Comment

Originally posted by potatohead View Post
        Agree with the comments about the quality of the high end MIJ's. I just picked up a very similar guitar myself (2008 model NOS at Fuller's, archtop/Duncans/binding/6 string) and I am ecstatic with it, it plays totally effortlessly and I assume yours is the same.

Pics please' gotta see what it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by rattlehead74 View Post
          Pics please' gotta see what it looks like.
          Well, I'm not going to say no to this

Comment

Originally posted by potatohead View Post
            Well, I'm not going to say no to this

Sweet, like that flamed top. Looks nice.

Comment

These are really great playing 7's
              the new ones all have binding and "sized" inlays.
              the headstock looks fine in person too.
              I got a chance to "Test drive" one of these this weekend (a green swirl)
              and I was just blown away by it. I didn't think I was going to like it (at all really) but
              the neck feels just like a 7 string version of one of the old Chavel Model
              6/650xl/Jackson Pro soloists from the late 80's early 90's.
              I was actually playing a 650xl all morning on Saturday and when I went
              and checked this thing out I was really surprised by how close it felt the
              6'er I had been playing all morning. I was with another forum member an
              even he was impresesed by it (and he is about as anti 7 as you can get).
              Very easy to play and the 81 in the bridge sounds so much better than a 707 (which is the usual 7 string EMG
              that gets thrown in the bridge).

I loved it, and I'm going to be ordering a trans black one in about 30 days.

No more Ibanez 7's for me.
              Last edited by kmanick; 03-08-2010, 12:14 PM.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
              X