Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmouth necks and Imports

Hello folks

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here with a question I have about Warmouth necks.

I am tuning a baritone (scale length 28 inchs) I have in 5ths (low F, high E) and after looking about for a long time and not finding a guitar suitable for a "second" I've decided to just do the sensible thing and stick with a company I love (guess who), bend it a bit and stick a new neck on a suitable body.

I've checked the Warmouth site and can't find what I am looking for other than numbers regarding neck pockets and heel sizes. So to the questions:

1. does anyone have experience of putting Warmouth necks on Jackson imports?
    2. does anyone know which of these models might have a suitable neck pocket? In terms of choice I am thinking a Dinky from 90s Professional, Concept of Performer range, preferably Strat style bridge, Floyd would be okay, TOM I don't think is going to cut it
    3. what about the current range, DK2 could be an option?

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK warmoth will only do the narrower Fender neck pocket.
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

You'll need a 22 fret body. The Performer or Concept might work. I put a Warmoth 24 fret bartione conversion neck on a Charvel 375 body (22 fret) with no trouble a few years back.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks guys, this is exactly the sort of thing I need to hear.

Comment

Anyone know is a Model 3 would be suitable for this?

Comment

Working...
          X