jackson "stars"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson "stars"

sorry if this is posted in wrong section, not sure about these guitars at all wether theyre import or usa, i asume theyre import though
    jackson "stars" guitars, ive seen one or two pop up recently and wondered whats the story with them? never heard of them before..
    are they relatively new? or been around for a while? where are they made?
    are they good?
    im more of a charvel guy myself, and i dont know much about jacksons at all really
    any help would be much appreciated : )

SEARCH FUNCTION, DUDE
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102922
      Hail yesterday

Comment

"Jackson Stars" were Jacksons made exclusively for the Japanese market. They were unable to use just "Jackson" on the headstock due to some japanese trademark infringement. Jackson Stars were never sold over here, so the ones you come across were all imported. A few of them were made in the USA, but the vast majority were MIJ.

Since late 2009, the trademark infringement has been resolved, and now the "Jackson Stars" brand is just named "Jackson".

Comment

Having seen the prices on these Jackson Stars, I've found it cheaper to buy a used (or in some cases, even a new-) USA. What would persuade me to go for a Stars instead of a USA? I'm not slating the Stars, just wanna know.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            Having seen the prices on these Jackson Stars, I've found it cheaper to buy a used (or in some cases, even a new-) USA. What would persuade me to go for a Stars instead of a USA? I'm not slating the Stars, just wanna know.
            Features. A neck-through, 24-fret, dual pickup RR wasn't available anywhere else. Or the NASL model for that matter. But now that the entire product line is being streamlined, it seems a lot of japan-only specials have vanished.

Comment

Yeah, and with their custom shop gone...they are not as appealing as they used to be.

Comment

For people in the USA it was never that great of a deal... it was just the special features/models and the semi-custom option.

But people in Europe basically could get a semicustom guitar with top features for half the price of a USA Select Jackson.
                Well, at least before the 40% price hike and the custom shop being abandoned...
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                  For people in the USA it was never that great of a deal... it was just the special features/models and the semi-custom option.

But people in Europe basically could get a semicustom guitar with top features for half the price of a USA Select Jackson.
                  Well, at least before the 40% price hike and the custom shop being abandoned...
                  I disagree, for me it was an outstanding deal. I love my Semi Custom Rhoads
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I got mine used at a great deal, ash-bodied Rhoads 24 fret with ebony, MOP, etc.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X