My arch top pro soloist / Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My arch top pro soloist / Pics

Just some pics on my Samash jackson soloist, sorry if not so great[camara phone] I tried. http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/a...00121-1940.jpg ... http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/a...00121-1941.jpg ... http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/a...00121-1942.jpg ... http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/a...00121-1859.jpg ... http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/a...00102-2354.jpg You can,t see it in the pic but the front of the headstock also has the flake in the paint.
    Last edited by rattlehead74; 01-23-2010, 01:32 AM.

That's a nice Soloist right there! Nice detail with the matching headstock even if you have to be inches away to see it.

Can't really understand a separate battery box with a control cavity that large though... :think:

Comment

You know, I never realized how large that cavity is. Odd huh? Love the way the neck feels. I couldn't put it down when I got It. My neck thru Ibanez got kicked to the curb.

Comment

Quick question....I can't really tell by the pics for sure but, are the controls recessed? Just wondering because they aren't on my trans blue model.

Comment

Awesome guitar for sure! =)

Calling it an "Archtop Pro" is a little misleading, since that was a different (although similar) guitar. Then again, Sam Ash aren't much better, calling it an SL2H...

Maybe we could call it a Sam Ash Soloist?

Comment

That's what I called mine... Yeah, this is quite a bit different from the trans blue model I am familiar with! Battery box, EMG's, matching headstock... Well anyway, nice guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Madness View Post
              Quick question....I can't really tell by the pics for sure but, are the controls recessed? Just wondering because they aren't on my trans blue model.
              Yeah all the controls are recessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                Awesome guitar for sure! =)

Calling it an "Archtop Pro" is a little misleading, since that was a different (although similar) guitar. Then again, Sam Ash aren't much better, calling it an SL2H...

Maybe we could call it a Sam Ash Soloist?
                Ok, its a samash soloist. I just went off the info I found on the internet. Did mean to offend. Thanks for the compliment though
                Last edited by rattlehead74; 01-23-2010, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rattlehead74 View Post
                  Just some pics on my Samash jackson soloist, sorry if not so great[camara phone] I tried.

You can,t see it in the pic but the front of the headstock also has the flake in the paint.
                  I'm lazy and don't like clicking stuff.

Sunbane is correct. This is a Sam Ash "soloist", not an AT Pro. Just messed with one two days ago at SA in Nashville. I think it was $1100 for the grey one, $899 for the blue maple one. They were ok, but just didn't light my fire.

The one axe I still haven't got that I want the most is a "real" AT Pro.

Comment

http://en.audiofanzine.com/stc-shape...Ash-Exclusive/ This is the link of where I got the tittle, finding the guitar on the net was hard for some reason, even on the Samash site. Anyway pro or not I still think of it as a good pawn shop find.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      I'm lazy and don't like clicking stuff.

Sunbane is correct. This is a Sam Ash "soloist", not an AT Pro. Just messed with one two days ago at SA in Nashville. I think it was $1100 for the grey one, $899 for the blue maple one. They were ok, but just didn't light my fire.

The one axe I still haven't got that I want the most is a "real" AT Pro.
                      I wonder why I couldn't find it on the web site.

Comment

Ok, its a samash soloist. I just went off the info I found on the internet. Did mean to offend. Thanks for the compliment though
                        You're not offending anyone in the slightest... we're just Jackson guitar nerds.

Seriously though, I really like that finish, and I know the guitar kicks ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                          You're not offending anyone in the slightest... we're just Jackson guitar nerds.

Seriously though, I really like that finish, and I know the guitar kicks ass.
                          +1

I played one of these a couple years back and like them better than the two new ones at Sam Ash. The neck shape on these new ones was too fat and the binding was huge, like the neck wasn't shaped right. Someone with long fingers might like them.

I'm a stickler for thin necks.

Comment

I wonder why I couldn't find it on the web site.
                            They're discontinued. The only way to get one is used, or to stumble onto one at a Sam Ash.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                              They're discontinued. The only way to get one is used, or to stumble onto one at a Sam Ash.
                              K thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X