Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loki: god of chaos View Post
    would 2 nine volts fit in its cavity?
    I actually disagree. You might be able to jam it in there alright, but it's gonna take some push. I've some people route larger. I would too, or get rid of a tone/volume pot.

Comment

The amp used is also important in pickup choice. I thought the JB was too bright and lacked bass. It was also dull and lacked harmonic richness. I put a Evo 2 in the bridge and it matched up much better with the Legacy II. I got the bass, growl, and harmonics I was looking for. I also got much more leeway with the L II's tone controls. With the JB the presence got really obnoxious above about 5.5. With the Evo 2, I can use most the presence range and be happy with it. There are so many pieces of the tone puzzle and we're all going to pick different pieces to match how we play and get the sound that is our head.

Comment

Originally posted by Bri View Post
        The amp used is also important in pickup choice. I thought the JB was too bright and lacked bass. It was also dull and lacked harmonic richness. I put a Evo 2 in the bridge and it matched up much better with the Legacy II. I got the bass, growl, and harmonics I was looking for. I also got much more leeway with the L II's tone controls. With the JB the presence got really obnoxious above about 5.5. With the Evo 2, I can use most the presence range and be happy with it. There are so many pieces of the tone puzzle and we're all going to pick different pieces to match how we play and get the sound that is our head.
        I've had many different amps too, and sometimes they were a bit better, but i still dislike them in general. I feel the Dimarzios made any guitar i had, cheap or expensive, sound delightful through most if not all the amps i've owned over the last few years

Fender 5150 III
        Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
        Peavey 5150 (original)
        Peavey JSX

Comment

Working...
        X