Replacing a JT580 Lo-Pro for a OFR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:think:
    Last edited by MegloManiac; 08-21-2013, 08:20 PM.

Comment

This is all still really voodoo science. No one has a definitive list , except if you do exhuastive research, you can get some suggestions at best, like right here. In this thread, people are using the JT-590; but they call it just "a schaller", which is ridiculous, becasue there are other Schallers besides theb JT-590.So heres some straight facts that I get;The ScaHELLER jt-590 WILL WORK IN PLACE OF A jt580 lo pROFILE tREMOLO, BUT IT WOULD REQUIRE A modification of the shelf, something that shouldnt betried by most people .An Original Floyd Rose will work in place of the JT-580 LO Pro, but its best to tlae out the posts and put the bigger Original Floyd Rose Posts in, to be done with w reamer, and probabl;y not something a novice wnats to try.

Comment

For you to say that it is ridiculous to call the trem in question (JT590 type) "a schaller" is frankly.. ridiculous. Of course they make other bridges. But it's general nomenclature that the "Schaller tremolo" is the Schaller licensed tremolo with the thick baseplate, short fat bolts, made in germany trem. The other trems they manufacture have different names (Lockmiester, Low Profile which is different than the Floyd Rose PRO, etc..)The "Schaller tremolo" branded as Jackson or Charvel is a JT590 and you would be completely correct in calling it "a Schaller" because it is the exact same thing as "the Schaller". Search "Schaller tremolo" and in general, you get that particular bridge.
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Hey there, i just removed the JT580 low profile (takeuchi) from my SL3 and inserted a Schaller Lockmeister.
          The studs are - as already mentioned - a little bit larger. I used a block
          with the size of 32 mm due to the fact that there is an additional plate under the base plate. It is thus very similar
          to the 35 mm of the Takeuchi block. The rest seems to fit the cavity more or less perfectly.
          I attached two pictures to get an idea what I am talking about.

Comment

thanks for the info, man. That looks like a good fit. Good to know
            Hail yesterday

Comment

If it helps, I swapped the JT-580LP on my WRMG with a Kahler.

The good thing about the Kahler is that with the adapter plate that you can buy from www.wammiworld.com, you can pretty much cover ANY Floyd route.

PM me if you're interested, I'll be happy to explain the process to you.

Comment

I just did a replacement for my Jackson DK2 but with the Schaller Floyd Rose.

The tremolo it self is fit right in with the takeuchi mounting studs. Though you can installed the Schaller FR without drilling or filling a hole.

here's a prove:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEAtcsAH390&t=74s

Comment

Working...
                X