Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pro series ke3, Eerie Dess Swirl

serial number: 9774713
    could someone tell me what year this was made?

Comment

Black RR3 # 9776163 so i think it's 2006?

Comment

Originally posted by loki: god of chaos View Post
        pro series ke3, Eerie Dess Swirl

serial number: 9774713
        could someone tell me what year this was made?
        Well, that is the point of this thread, so the OP can form a database. IMO THOUGH IT DOESN'T SEEM THAT USEFUL FOR YOU DUDES TO JUST WRITE THE SER # & MODEL. You really should be checking that neck pocket for that stamped date and reporting that here also.

Having said that,

According my (old) rough chart, your serial should be fairly recent, maybe 2007-8.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've got an RR3 w/ #9769998 and RR5 w/ #063364 (maybe 2007 but not sure).

I've also got a Warrior w/ #9800817 but I don't know the model, I'm thinking maybe a WRXT but I'm not sure because it's like a transparent orange color, amber sunburst maybe.

Comment

Jackson JS-20, S/N 01050195, Amber Burst with chrome hardware (still got it).

Jackson "Professional" (Fusion SS?), S/N 915943 (sold a while back). 24.75" Scale length. White with black harrdware.

I can send photo's if you like. Are you interested in Charvels as well?
            A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Well, that is the point of this thread, so the OP can form a database. IMO THOUGH IT DOESN'T SEEM THAT USEFUL FOR YOU DUDES TO JUST WRITE THE SER # & MODEL. You really should be checking that neck pocket for that stamped date and reporting that here also.

Having said that,

According my (old) rough chart, your serial should be fairly recent, maybe 2007-8.
              How true, how true....
              OK, just restrung the DXMG,
              neck has 3-1 DXMG
              pocket has 2-1 DXMG, GMG in marker
              and the other stamp, the first number is drilled out,
              X9-1-13.
              Pretty sure its a DXMG
              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                DXMG Bought Oct 2009 GMG
                Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                How true, how true....
                OK, just restrung the DXMG,
                neck has 3-1 DXMG
                pocket has 2-1 DXMG, GMG in marker
                and the other stamp, the first number is drilled out,
                X9-1-13.
                Pretty sure its a DXMG
                OK, great! I will assume that last stamp is either 09-1-13 or 2009-1-13

Good info, Scooter! We have a date for your ser# 9835749: Jan 13, 2009 !

Comment

OK, I said WTH, and restrung the V, neck needed a good clean and oil session, and I bought a tremolo stabilizer also. The neck pocket on this guitar is TIGHT, worried i was gonna have a crack in the pocket or the finish, but its all good.
                  The neck had 7-1 stamped over 06-7-22 and had KE3 on it too, go figure.
                  The neck pocket had 7-1, KVX10, 2006-7-10.
                  This kinda stumped me as I had thought the KVX10 came with a LFR starting in '07.
                  Not a bad guitar for a factory parts production mutt
                  Oh yeah, SN/9768789
                  (The tremolo stabilizer is a waste, could've got the same result by blocking the bridge, just should've ordered the hipshot for $10 more........)
                  "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

ok here is the skinny...
                    Serial 604959
                    body stamp reads (very faded) 8-2 DXL
                    neck stamp reads DK STD
                    All black with black hardware, I presume a JT580 Bridge (I see no markings to tell me otherwise)
                    Neck is maple with rosewood fretboard and strange dark blue dots for markers (cant really see them on stage) and its 24 frets with allen wrenches on the back
                    Duncans S/S/H

Thats about all I can gather. Can you tell me what it is? I can't fiind a good match in the 96 catalog (I presume it's a 96 from other posts) I've had it for years, plays great with killer action but never bothered until now to find out.

Thx
                    D

Comment

Found a Dinky Std in the '93 catalog http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=62&pos=23

Comment

Dinky standard? Wow, that threw me for a loop. I didn't realize the Duncans were an option back then, there is no pickguard on it and the truss
                        rod cover isn't marked. I had it more pegged as a strange hybrid of standard and XL post 95. Guess JC didn't really show all options in the catalogues.

Ultra thanx
                        D

BTW, found it at an estate sale back in the late 90's for a couple hundred
                        Last edited by d_fauxe; 02-12-2010, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marnold View Post
                          2008 (I believe) Inferno Red DK2M: 9788403
                          Purchased new from GC in June of 2009
                          I finally got around to changing the strings/pulling the neck. The stamp in the pocket was very difficult to read, but I believe it said 2007.4.08.

Comment

Here's 3 of mine

Dominion 081625
                            DK2M 9765839
                            Christian Olde Wolbers Sig. 6 Desert Camo 9740082

Comment

I dismantle my guitar to see what was inside, this was what I found (sorry for the bad pics, I took them with my celular camera)

http://img705.imageshack.us/g/img008w.jpg/

Dinky DK2 made in Japan serial 9790726
                              I bought mine in 11 Dic 2007 directly from MusicianFriend

Neck pocket:
                              4-2 (what it is??)
                              DK2

Body pocket:
                              3-1 ???
                              DK2
                              TB
                              2007-5-10 (10 of may? true??) :think:

kc7txm told me it could be May or June, and their predictions were really good

Apart from knowing the exact date of manufacture, as an extra I realized that my neck Screws was not tight enough, after two years of playing it aparently get loosened a little bit... So, now it has much more sustain than than before

I love you!

Comment

1994 Fusion HH trans red...serial 928541

Comment

Working...
                                X