No announcement yet.

Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Yes, they are Duncan Designed. It came with an SKB Freedom hard case. Is there a price range of what this guitar is worth used in really good condition? I'm just not familiar with Jackson yet. What would Mudlark pay, so to speak?

Charles

Comment

• Originally posted by ceabbott2 View Post
      Oh Yes, they are Duncan Designed. It came with an SKB Freedom hard case. Is there a price range of what this guitar is worth used in really good condition? I'm just not familiar with Jackson yet. What would Mudlark pay, so to speak?

Charles
      id pay no more than probably 350 to 400 for a dk2s.. pre 2005 dk2's go for 250 to 300 on average

edit> floyd rose setups just take a patience and time as they can be a bit quirky to the uninitiated.. there are several tricks that will save you time..YEP... and lots of videos on the net on how to set them up..
      Last edited by Brandenburg; 11-23-2015, 04:48 PM.
      GEAR:
      #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
      #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
      #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
      #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
      #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
      AMPS:
      1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
      ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

• Thank you very much. Brandenburg. Thank you sir.

Comment

• I can't see paying much over $400 even with the case. There're just too many great deals out there on used guitars. If it looked un-played and the Sustainer was something that really appealed to me, I might go $450.

That said, you'll find them and similar models on ebay and such listed for well over $600. I can't imagine an informed person ever paying those prices, but it may happen.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            I can't see paying much over $400 even with the case. There're just too many great deals out there on used guitars. If it looked un-played and the Sustainer was something that really appealed to me, I might go $450.

That said, you'll find them and similar models on ebay and such listed for well over $600. I can't imagine an informed person ever paying those prices, but it may happen.
            yea.. some people on ebay are asking stupid money for guitars that just arnt worth it..
            GEAR:

#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
            AMPS:
            1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's

Comment

• Here's a great example. An '06-'09 DK2S with molded Jackson case for $899!! That would've bought you a new DK2S and case when they were available.

Charles, if you can get that kinda' money, you'd better sell it.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/moncto...ationFlag=true
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                Here's a great example. An '06-'09 DK2S with molded Jackson case for $899!! That would've bought you a new DK2S and case when they were available.

Charles, if you can get that kinda' money, you'd better sell it.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/moncto...ationFlag=true
                damn better off buying a jackson pro sl2 NEW for that price IMO but im sure someone will buy it someday
                GEAR:

#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                AMPS:

Comment

• Hi all, I am new to this forum although I have owned a Jackson guitar for the past 15 years.

It is a Randy Rhoads Performer according to the headstock which was made in Japan based on the sticker on the neck. It has a Jackson licensed Floyd Rose, 22 frets with dot inlays. It had Jackson humbuckers which I recently replaced with EMG JH.

I bought it around 1999-2000 and the serial number on the neck place has 7 digits and starts with an 8. Is it a mutt of some sort?

Serial number is: 8618732

Thanks,
                  Chris

Comment

• 86 is a misprint.
                    It should read 96 and the year should be '98ish, though removing the neck and checking the date stamps would be advisable if you want to be 100%.
                    That number can also indicate '96, but I don't think that's the case with this model.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick response! I'll check the date stamps as well.

I checked the stamps. Guitar is the PS3-T and was made in 1999.
                      Last edited by chris@sg; 11-26-2015, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• Correct, the PS3-T (tremolo) and PS3 (string thru body bridge) were the Performer Rhoads models.

Comment

• Hello, I've got one RR5 with the following serial number : 071565

I guess it's a japanese made from 1990.
                          If you'd like to tell me if it's right.
                          Thank you.

Comment

• That'd be a Japanese made 2007 RR5.
                            The only non-USA neck thru Rhoads available in 1990 was the Japanese made Rhoads Pro, which would have 'Professional' written on the headstock and a J0xxxxx serial.

The RR5 was introduced in 2001.
                            Last edited by Mudlark; 11-29-2015, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Hello !

I'm getting interested into a Jackson JJ4 with this serial number :

J 018674

I guess it was made in Japan, around 2001 maybe ?

Does anyone know what the body is made of on those ? (sometimes I'm reading alder, sometimes mohagony).

thanks !

Comment

• Thank you for your quick and documented answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X