No announcement yet.

Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The neck stamp is 6-4 tho which by using those stamps as a date falls down. Unless it was a mutt it`d make it a 2004 neck on a 2001 stamped body with a 2001 neck plate. Whilst I`m sure bodies may hang around the Jackson factory for a long period of time I think 3 years might be a bit of a stretch.

When i emailed Jackson enquiring about these stamps they said they knew nothing about what the Japanese factory did regarding stamping (which I don't beleive).

Comment

• The 6, 4 on the neck would seem to be June 4, since the body is June 18. Not 2004.
      Can never rule out the possibility of a neck swap, though.

I wouldn't worry what the 7-1 means when the full date 'year/month/day' is the important info.

With the MIJ sticker I think it's safe to assume it's Japanese made.
      Last edited by Mudlark; 07-18-2015, 06:07 PM.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
        ^^Ha!!!^^^
        That's only the second DK2 I've seen with an INDIAN serial number for 2001, BUT, this one has a MIJ sticker proving? there were no Indian made DK2's (as most of us know) only some misplaced plates or the plates were added by a previous owner for whatever reason.

Congrats. You should really check the date stamps on that one. I'd love to see what they say.
        i would be the other...LOL.. she is definitely a 2001 as the date stamp confirms it..neck is by far the nicest neck of all my guitars..

what she originally looked like back in ~'09 and was rarely played.. the SD designed pups sounded castrated IMO.. no balls or soul

after several upgrade sessions..i finally added the right combo of parts that make me wanna play her.. still not quite done.. really need to rewire her again.. not happy with my last wiring job i did.. tried to come up with something but didnt quite work out.. next time ill wire her like andy timmins does but with a few personalized touches that will make the wiring idea a tad unique.. also I want to add no hole covers for the singles.. no one make gold ones or if they do,.. the color isnt what i like.so ill probable paint some new black ones i have from my last project
        pickups are
        GIBSON '79 T TOP
        IRON GEAR Pig Iron OW
        IRON GEAR Smoke Stack II
        GEAR:
        #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
        #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
        #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
        #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
        #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
        AMPS:
        1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
        ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

• OK, finally got a moment to get some shots and the SN for my two Jacksons.

1) Jackson Soloist SL3
          --(This guitar is pre-Fender takeover per Jackson customer support. When I bought the guitar I contacted them to try and decipher the SN and they had no records of it, which they told me meant it was produced by Jackson prior to the Fender takeover in 2002) **** This has been debunked by fellow board members and I'm told this is from 2003 as ID'd by the SN.

SN: 030386
          DOB: 2003
          Color: Was Trans red. Refinished, (WIP), due to chips in the poly exposing wood.
          Condition: I got it used and apparently the previous owner didn't take good care of his stuff... It has a couple nicks in the finish that show bare wood, the pickups and fretboard show signs of dirt accumulation, the frets need polished and there's some light surface rust on a couple of the screws holding the pickups in place. Also, it is in severe need of a good setup. The strings were too high and upon retuning found buzzing on the 5th and 3rd strings and the floyd was nearly / . So I removed the strings in prep to clean it up and administer TLC. ** Update ** Decided to refinish due to the depth of the chips. The wood was undamaged but the poly was gone in those areas and badly 'dented' in other areas. Sanded smooth and began refinishing efforts. New Pictures below.

Original:

New work in progress (needs overspray removed and prepped for clear poly):

Chromaflair paint. As of 9/12/2015 still needs to be prepped for clear poly gloss and need to replace the Jackson headstock logo.

2) Jackson Dinky DXMG (I think, this ID is pending verification as I found the info to ID it on Wiki)

SN: 9774813
          DOB: 1997 MIJ
          Color: Dark Gray
          Condition: Pretty damn good! There's not really a single mark or flaw I've seen on this guitar yet! The finish is perfect, the wood on the fretboard and neck has been tended to, the strings are new and the action is superb! This also came with a EVH D-Tuna installed, so that might be considered to be a bonus...

Last edited by Weatherby; 03-11-2016, 11:56 AM. Reason: Update info and progress of SL3 refinish
          Some of my Guitars:
          1) Late '80s Charvel HS neon nuclear yellow. H is a Seymour Duncan, the neck is stock. H/S
          2) 1990-1991 Les Paul Custom flame sunburst with ebony fretboard. Gibson stock pickups. H/H
          3) 1991-1992 G&L Legacy. Red. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard. G&L stock pickups. S/S/S
          4) 2003 Jackson Soloist SL3 was trans red. WIP refinish.
          5) 2006 Jackson Dinky DXMG. Gray, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. OE EMG H/H

Comment

• I'm no expert, but...
            Were the SL3's made in 93?

Comment

• Hell no. 03xxxx is 2003.
              9774xxx is around 2006.
              If you'd like to remove the neck and check the date stamps on the Dinky you'll be able to confirm.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                Hell no. 03xxxx is 2003.
                9774xxx is around 2006.
                If you'd like to remove the neck and check the date stamps on the Dinky you'll be able to confirm.
                Jackson/fender customer service told me pre-2002...?
                Some of my Guitars:
                1) Late '80s Charvel HS neon nuclear yellow. H is a Seymour Duncan, the neck is stock. H/S
                2) 1990-1991 Les Paul Custom flame sunburst with ebony fretboard. Gibson stock pickups. H/H
                3) 1991-1992 G&L Legacy. Red. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard. G&L stock pickups. S/S/S
                4) 2003 Jackson Soloist SL3 was trans red. WIP refinish.
                5) 2006 Jackson Dinky DXMG. Gray, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. OE EMG H/H

Comment

• Originally posted by Weatherby View Post
                  Jackson/fender customer service told me pre-2002...?
                  They're just guessing.
                  Jackson never tracked the import serial numbers like they did with the U.S. models, so Fender has no clue about how to ID them.
                  -Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                    I'm no expert, but...
                    Were the SL3's made in 93?
                    No... they were introduced in 2000/2001 time frame along with the SL4.
                    -Rick

Comment

• Japanese made neck thru Jacksons have always had a 6 digit serial stamped on the fret board, and it has always been date-coded.
                      There were 2 formats used. In the '90's the first digit was the year: 2xxxxx=1992

And since approximately 2000, the first 2 digits was the year: 01=2001

Comment

• Hey guys. Need help with an mg warrior I just bought, serial 9694974. Tnx.

Comment

• No love for me?

Comment

• Not sure how you were missed, but that number would be 2002-3, made in Japan.
                            Originally posted by ramone View Post
                            No love for me?

Comment

• Thank you Mudlark!

Comment

• Hi,
                                Anyone can help identify the model of this one:
                                Model # 99060355

Comment

Working...
                                X