No announcement yet.

Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi.I bought DK1 last week i'm not sure about the production date but here is the photos, the experts may know.

http://postimg.org/image/7dldc1pm7/

http://postimg.org/image/3jpzlbfox/

Comment

• Jackson PS-2
      Performer Series

Body stamped 2001.7.12 and 8-1
      neck 7-13 and 6T

Serial 9660635

Comment

• The date is shown on the tag, 2-7-2006, which is February 7, 2006 or 2nd day of July, 2006.
        Originally posted by crissoliva View Post
        Hi.I bought DK1 last week i'm not sure about the production date but here is the photos, the experts may know.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Nice. It appears the Performers went into 2001 even though they last appeared in the 2000 catalogue.
          Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
          Jackson PS-2
          Performer Series
          Body stamped 2001.7.12 and 8-1
          neck 7-13 and 6T
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Jackson Professional DR5. Bought new in 1997, slightly different from catalog specs. #604140. I think it was built in '96.
            Jackson Professional Dinky Reverse stone finish. #924671. From '92 if I'm not mistaked.

I've got some others Charvels and japanese market only Jackson Stars and Grover Jackson; I can post the serials if it can be useful...

Comment

• 1996 and 1992 would be correct going by your serials. The most helpful posts are serial numbers and the date stamps from the neck heel and neck pocket, but, understandably, most people don't want to remove their neck unless it's necessary.
              Originally posted by Botijo View Post
              #604140. I think it was built in '96.
              #924671. From '92 if I'm not mistaked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                The date is shown on the tag, 2-7-2006, which is February 7, 2006 or 2nd day of July, 2006.
                Yeah you're right but i emailed Jackson and they said they didnt't have the serial number in their database that's why i wrote it

Comment

• Ahhh... gotcha'. You must have gotten a reply from an uniformed or uninterested employee because I've heard of people getting info on numbers from that era on USA made guitars. On the other hand, some people get no reply at all so cripes knows what the deal is.
                  Originally posted by dreamevil View Post
                  Yeah you're right but i emailed Jackson and they said they didnt't have the serial number in their database that's why i wrote it
                  Edit: 005800 is late 2004 early 2005, so 0059xx should indeed be 2006ish. The tag must be accurate.
                  Last edited by Mudlark; 04-01-2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dreamevil View Post
                    You didn't write it under this screen name, though. You wrote it under the name crissoliva. Pick one or both accounts will be banned.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                      I've heard rumours of people getting info on import serial numbers from Jackson but it seems most who've tried get no response.
                      I had emailed them about mine to see if they could tell me what year it was and I got a response but they said "Unfortunately, I was unable to find manufacturing information that corresponds to that specific serial number.". Here it is though.

100170 - SLSMG, white, year unknown but new enough that it has the 81/85 instead of the passive EMGs.
                      Last edited by Thanatopsis; 04-05-2014, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Cripes, that's an easy one since the number is date coded... 2010, made in Japan.

Comment

• I figured that originally but when Jackson told me they couldn't tell what year it was from it made me think that maybe the serial numbers aren't that logical.

Comment

• I didn't mean to imply you should know, but rather Jackson should know. Just wanted to be clear.

Comment

• I have a few for the database if it helps.

Jackson DK2M- 9787526
                              Jackson RR1- U00521
                              Jackson DKMG- 9855348
                              Jackson Dinky Std.- 303283
                              Jackson PS-4- 1045693
                              Jackson ATL Scott Ian- CSJ1200112
                              Jackson JSX Concept- 9300439

Jackson Kelly KE3- 9719210 This one is not mine- yet...

Comment

• Thanks for the gesture, PaleRider, but the most helpful numbers are the 96, 97 and 98xxxxx numbers accompanied with a neck pocket date stamp. Nice variety of axes you've got there, I could give you a rough date of manufacture on them if your interested.

...BTW...

Comment

Working...
                                X