No announcement yet.

Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just know a bit about Jackson serial numbers from reading the forums. Seems your Kelly was made during the "Golden Years" of Japanese Jacksons.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• I hear ya. I'm not questioning it. I'm assuming you're going by this

I was just wondering why it shows as the xl and std being into production later than the xlr. Seems backwards.

Comment

• Has anyone figured out why this guitar is dated 2005 with a serial (9848130) indicating 2009-ish? I'm referring to the Dinky on the previous page of this thread.
        Last edited by Mudlark; 07-12-2013, 10:51 AM.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
          Has anyone figured out why this guitar is dated 2005 with a serial (9848130) indicating 2009-ish? I'm referring to the Dinky on the previous page of this thread.
          Ahhh. So that's what Reply With Quote means.

Comment

First time posting so I hope I'm not wrong, but I'm quite sure that's a 1990. Kelly XL possibly? J010189
            I know Dude...My #J010189.......I am still trying to figure out EXACTLY what Model & Year my Kelly really is? I was led to believe that it was a 95' or 96' KE3??? Hmmm???......:think:
            Last edited by axe dude; 07-12-2013, 05:25 PM.
            *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
            *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
            *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
            Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
            *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
            *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
            *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
            *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

I just know a bit about Jackson serial numbers from reading the forums. Seems your Kelly was made during the "Golden Years" of Japanese Jacksons.
              You talking about mine (J010189) or JDR94's?
              *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/

Comment

• Originally posted by axe dude View Post
                You talking about mine (J010189) or JDR94's?
                Yours is a 1990 as well as JDR94's from what I've gathered. 1990, rosewood board, reverse sharkfins....sounds like a XLR same as JDR94's.
                Last edited by Mudlark; 07-12-2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• no not like mine. axedude- yours doesnt have binding. no reverse headstock, most likely not MOP inlays. has to be a ke3. if you take the neck off it will say in the neck pocket

my XLR

Comment

• Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                    no not like mine. axedude- yours doesnt have binding. no reverse headstock, most likely not MOP inlays. has to be a ke3. if you take the neck off it will say in the neck pocket

my XLR
                    Yeah Dude I was going to say that mine has NO Binding Etc. I am sure it's a 95' or 96' KE3 like I thought it was? I might be off on the year? Next time I put new Strings on it I will check the pocket. Thanks! Anyway Killer Axe you have Dude! Sweet! Take It Easy...

Comment

• Originally posted by dee0en View Post
                      J010913

Think mine is more like this Dude's KE3. Just not to sure of the year on mine?

Comment

• Sorry axe dude. Didn't really look at your guitar, just the serial#. Sure looks like a KE3 to me. Evidently, my serial# method has some hole's in it. 1996 was the year they started the 96xxxxx serial #'s for the Japanese made guitars and yours appears to be during that change over period.
                        Last edited by Mudlark; 07-12-2013, 09:18 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Sorry axe dude. Didn't really look at your guitar, just the serial#. Sure looks like a KE3 to me. Evidently, my serial# method has some hole's in it. 1996 was the year they started the 96xxxxx serial #'s for the Japanese made guitars and yours appears to be during that change over period.
                          No problem Dude! It's all good! I just wish I knew what damn year my Kelly is! LOL! \m/

Comment

• i think its safe to assume its a 96 being that it was during that transition. if it were 97 it would have the serial on the plate. do u have an early one where the neck joint uses no plate?

Comment

• 96 seems to be the best bet. The only Kelly in the 94-95 catalogue with features similar to yours is the XL, but that has a bound rosewood board and right side up sharkfins. The 96 catalogue has the KE3 without the binding and reverse sharkfins. jdr94 pointed out why 97 is unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                                i think its safe to assume its a 96 being that it was during that transition. if it were 97 it would have the serial on the plate. do u have an early one where the neck joint uses no plate?
                                Dude if your talking to me? By the way what's your name Bro? LOL!Yeah here's a pic. No Neck Plate. Looking @ the Jackson Catalogs I do believe it is a 96' KE3 for sure. Thanks! Steve \m/
                                Last edited by axe dude; 07-13-2013, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X