Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HNGD! 09' Jackson RR24 BK/YW [DISCONTINUED]

Hello All,

This is the beginning of my JCFonline history to come. I'm new and I thought why not join the forum since I now own my very own Jackson guitar.

Though I directly have a story for y'all. I ordered my RR24 with yellow bevels around 1 month ago @ music-store (in Cologne, Germany) and 2 weeks after I ordered and some emailing :

Von: Robin Oldekamp [mailto:[email protected]]
    Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. November 2009 15:00
    An: ********
    Betreff: RR24

Hello ****** (Or *****, ******* said get in contact with **** but the email account says ******** so I'm not sure of your name)

Max said I should contact you since you are his boss and ask you questions too since he isn't at work every day and you're there when he isn't and vice versa.

The website first told me my ordered Jackson RR24 would probably arrive at the store 16.11.2009, but since today it says 27.11.2009

Do you have any idea when mine arrives, or has arrived? We called and we should been able to pick it up this saturday if everything went according to plan, would you be so kind to inform me when you think it arrives, will I be able to pick it up Saturday?

They would set it up on tuning CGCFAD with 0.11 to 0.52 strings for me, I don't know if that helps you for looking but I thought it might.

I hope to hear from you soon, thanks!

-Robin Oldekamp
    This is what he sent me back:

Dear Robin,

the Fender Company, witch is the owner and distributer of Jackson Guitars, just called me to tell me bad news.

they´re still producing the RR 24 but they changed colors.

They stopped producing the guitar in black with yellow bevels

And changed it to gold with black bevels

I send a picture too..

The other colors : black with red bevels

http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/art-GIT0010290-000

And

White with black bevels

http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/art-GIT0010288-000

so you mite change the color in you order

Kind regards

I couldn't believe it and I could almost started crying (I actually did have tears lol) and I asked him to verify.
    Got this back:

Dear Robin,

of cause i know that you preordered a RR 24 in Black and Yellow

and of cause I ordered that guitar for you at Fender/Jackson Europe

but yesterday they called us an canceled our order about that guitar cause they stopped producing black and yellow.

Yes I am 100 % sure

Jackson canceled our order about your black and yellow RR 24

And told us that there will be no black and yellow anymore,

cause Jackson changed to gold and black

Even if that sounds totally nuts to me…

Kind Regards

So then I quickly ordered one at thomann.de (another great music shop I'm sure most of you know) and got it around 2 weeks or 3 weeks ago. Loved it every since.

I thought I'd just share this with you all since I haven't read anything about this on the internet yet (so it isn't publically announced I guess, the jackson website still doesn't have the gold one instead of mine) but I do believe this is true. So anyone out there thinking of buying the black RR24 with yellow bevels: do it now!

Oh yeah, some pics of course!

So I guess I'm new here.. Hi!

Whoa, I posted in the wrong category I see.
    Could a local mod please move the thread to the Import Jackson Guitars section? Thanks..

Comment

So do you get the "good" case in Germany or did you buy that separately? The RR24 is more expensive and sold without a case in Greece At least the guitar store was kind enough to throw one of these in the deal, cheaper but more practical.

Anyway, welcome and congratulations on an awesome guitar! Why they would discontinue the black/yellow is beyond me, it fits the RR24 perfectly. I hate the gold one actually, you chose wisely

Comment

Originally posted by Pointy View Post
        So do you get the "good" case in Germany or did you buy that separately? The RR24 is more expensive and sold without a case in Greece At least the guitar store was kind enough to throw one of these in the deal, cheaper but more practical.

Anyway, welcome and congratulations on an awesome guitar! Why they would discontinue the black/yellow is beyond me, it fits the RR24 perfectly. I hate the gold one actually, you chose wisely
        Thank you. Yes, the case comes with it standard, as with all jacksons since the bloodline because jackson felt like every jackson should come standard with either a gigbag or hardcase on the more expensive models.

I think it has something to do with Alexi Laiho, but I'm not sure though. Anyway I feel this is the nicest colour avaiable for the guitar and I think it was a stupid choice. A friend of mine works at the music-store aswell and they got in an gold one 2 weeks ago (instead of mine) and he said it was an awful finish, metallic just like on fucking cars.

You should call that dealer you have because it should come standard with a hardcase, no matter where you live.. At least that's what I've been told. Unless your serial begins with 08 or 07

EDIT: BTW your link is dead..
        Last edited by TheScythed; 12-13-2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

My link is fine, the SKB site is down lol!

I don't really want to hijack your thread talking about my guitar but my serial does begin with 08. I take it this means it is a 2008 model and these didn't come with a standard case?

Comment

My link is fine, the SKB site is down lol!

I don't really want to hijack your thread talking about my guitar but my serial does begin with 08. I take it this means it is a 2008 model and these didn't come with a standard case?
            I think that means it's normal, I believe the bloodline is available since 2009 so that'd make sence. You're not hijacking my thread, I posted it in the wrong section anyway. I hope a moderator will fix that for me or I will have to put up a new thread myself. Yes, you have a 08 model then. Also you can see you don't have a '09 model by looking at the made in japan sticker on the headstock. The models before 09 have a black sticker with 'made in japan' on it and I have a silver sticker with 'Jackson made in japan' on it.

Comment

Ok, thanks for all the information, and one last thing: what exactly is "the Bloodline"? I thought it was just a revamp of the Jackson website and promotional material a few months ago.

Comment

Ok, thanks for all the information, and one last thing: what exactly is "the Bloodline"? I thought it was just a revamp of the Jackson website and promotional material a few months ago.
                The Bloodline is the newest line of production guitars by Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                X