Unsure about these Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure about these Jacksons

**Edt** This is not the actual headstock of the guitar in question.

So a friend calls me from the pawnshop he works at. I have found some great jacksons there cheap, including my Charvel 750XL. Now he says there is a jackson that that I might want to pickup. He doesn't know much about guitars but he said it has this heastock

And that it has EMG HZ pickups, its string thru but he didnt mention if it was a fixed neck or a bolt on neck.

Can anyone tell me about this style of jackson, such as were they cheap bottom end guitars or decent guitars etc. etc.
    Last edited by Cjpalo; 11-13-2009, 12:04 AM.
    Causing chaos one note at a time!

-CJ-

There are a few bolt-on usa's with that headstock also the SLS AFAIK has that headstock but it's not a string-thru.

But here's my guess, that guitar is either a Japanese made DXMGT, which is a bolt-on dinky, medium quality, nice guitars. Or an SLSMG, japanese made soloist, better quality and I like them too!

I would ask if him if the guitar has the "made in USA" on the headstock and whether it's a bolt-on or not Good luck..
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

This should be SLSMG, piranha tooth inlays. And before 07 the pickups were EMG HZ. Now they have 81/85 set.

Comment

if it's neckthru, yes. But all we know for now is that it has the 3-a-side headstock.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Ok heres an update. I went and looked at it and got this picture with my camera phone hence the crappy quality of the photo.

It is a bolt on neck, Sharkfin inlays, binding around the neck and headstock, and there is no "made in _____" anywhere to be found on it. I talked them down to $130 and they are holding it for me till tomorrow so I can think about it for the night.

-CJ-

Comment

Made in Japan DXMGT, $130 is not bad for that.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That is an awesome price for that guitar. Perfect for a pickup swap. However the HZ's aren't too bad.
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

130 is a great price for basically anything with Jackson on the headstock, but that is a different guitar. The first one had the pirhana inlays, the second has the sharks (sharkies).
                I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                  130 is a great price for basically anything with Jackson on the headstock, but that is a different guitar. The first one had the pirhana inlays, the second has the sharks (sharkies).
                  Well I think he was refrencing to what the head stock looks like, from what he was told. I'm sure that the first pic was some stock photo or something. And not an actuall picture of the guitar in question.
                  Last edited by Justin P; 11-12-2009, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin P View Post
                    Well I think he was refrencing to what the head stock looks like, from what he was told. I'm sure that the first pic was some stock photo or something. And not an actuall picture of the guitar in question.
                    yep. As was stated in the first post, the pic was only for reference to show the style of headstock. There was no suggestion that the guy only took a pic of the headstock and none of the rest of the guitar in an attempt to identify it
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

$160 isn't a bad price, $130 is sweet. Definitely grab it but check the frets first for lifting/damage, and check the neck to be sure it's not bent/bowed/unfixable.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The headstock was one I found online to findout what model series used it. The second picture is the actual guitar. I found a photo of it online

it's even the same exact color.

-CJ-

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          $160 isn't a bad price, $130 is sweet. Definitely grab it but check the frets first for lifting/damage, and check the neck to be sure it's not bent/bowed/unfixable.
                          neck has a slight bow that can easily be corrected with a turn or two from the nut, my guess is it was stored and never played because the strings are older then dirt and completely tone dead. The frets are almost in perfect condition very minimal wear if any at all. Bridge is dirty like it has been sitting for a very long time and gathered a crap load of dust that I need to clean out.
                          Last edited by Cjpalo; 11-12-2009, 11:58 PM.

-CJ-

Comment

Working...
                          X