Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help IDing a year...

Hi:
    I'm looking to purchase the guitar below.
    I believe it's a DK-2 Japanese-made Dinky.
    It has "designed By SD" pickups and other than missing the volume and tone knobs is in pretty good shape (The nut locks are off in the photo but the seller has them).
    Can someone help with a year and model? I believe it's 1990s before the switch to real Duncan pups.
    Thoughts?

Looks like a dk2 to me. Early 2000's perhaps. Post the serial number and someone should be able to tell you the year. Id go $250 tops on that.

Comment

Thanks...i don't have the s/n yet.

Comment

Definitely a DK2, and probably early 2000s, but get that Ser # and I can date it better ( )
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
          Looks like a dk2 to me. Early 2000's perhaps. Post the serial number and someone should be able to tell you the year. Id go $250 tops on that.
          +1.

From my other thread, about my recent DK2 Dinky purchase, the chrome hardware and "Duncan Designed" pickups signify it is 2000 (or whenever they started making DK2s) to about 2006. Also, if it were 90s, it would have "Professional" on the headstock, as those were the ones that were equivalent to today's DK2s.

Also, what price are you going to be paying for it? I purchased a never (or maybe lightly) used DK2 Eerie Dess Swirl for $425 over eBay. If it's more then that, it's definitely a bad deal, and you should definitely negotiate it down. I'd pay $300 for that tops!

Comment

thanks, y'all.
            Using old Jackson catalogues from the website, i think it's between 2000 and 2006 model...but I'll get s/n.
            Seller is asking $300 Canadian ($280 USD).
            I'm going to check it out on the weekend but I think that's a fair price...maybe $250 because of the missing knobs.

Comment

Does it come with a hard case? If you really like it that seems like an ok price.

Comment

Wouldn't the date be stamped in the neck pocket???
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Possibly, but some dudes may not want to unbolt the neck just to check that.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X