Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Dinky DK2 (Unsure, Help Guys! Need ID)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Dinky DK2 (Unsure, Help Guys! Need ID)

Well, I had a thread last week about my broken early 90s Transblue Dinky... that was sent back sadly, and I will never see it again.

So, I ended up offering $425 for this... and won.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Dinky-Cu...item1c0d9ae2b7

Pics are in there. Too good to be true? Here's the SN:

It looks like a DK2, but is it? It makes me wonder why the guitar is so low in price... Good thing this is through PayPal eh?

Thanks guys!

Looks like a DK2 to me. Newer model, dare I say?
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

yeah newer dk2 eds. nice score. a bit on the pricey side imo, but if you're happy thats all that matters.

edit- eds stands for eerie dess swirl

Comment

WHAT?!?!? Eerie Dess Swirl? WTF? I thought that finish cured Erectile Dysfunctional Syndrome! No wonder nothing changed. That GC salesguy lied to me! I shoulda known "Dr. Funkadelic" wasn't a real doctor!
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
          yeah newer dk2 eds. nice score. a bit on the pricey side imo, but if you're happy thats all that matters.

edit- eds stands for eerie dess swirl
          Pricey? I couldn't find one cheaper. If that's expensive for one, then I fail. Atleast I didn't pay GC $800 for one!

But hey, if it's expensive that could also mean it can't be a scam. So I guess it's all good!

Comment

Nice paint. I haven't seen that before.

Comment

I had an eds dk2 a couple of years ago. Mine had pinks and purples swirled in with the silver and black. I dont see that in the pics but the pics suck, bad lighting. The description is for a dk2m. Mine was a mint namm show model and I had a hard time getting $350 for it. LOL! Does the guitar in the pic have real duncans or duncan designed pickups?

Comment

Ser # is from 2004 - 2005 era.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I paid a bit less for mine but then it was used...yours says never played. I had to change the tuners and bridge to black cuz I thought that chrome didn't look right. Then I put a couple new pickups in it. Dang no wonder I'm broke. It's a great guitar though.
                  "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion."

Comment

Hmm yeah. I did indeed notice the description was off lol. But if it was a DK2M it would have dual humbuckers right?

+, mine comes with a nice hardcase and a strap. The pics suck, but I'm pretty sure that all the colors should be there. Time will tell!

Comment

yeah if its new its a great deal. i got one used for like 200

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                        yeah if its new its a great deal. i got one used for like 200
                        An EDS? That's really weird, since they sell for like $600 used now from what I see. Maybe they appreciated?

Comment

yup an eds. as a matter of fact me and another member got one the same day used on craigslist in separate states for about the same price. wierd.

Comment

Guitar in photo certainly does not have a maple fingerboard with black sharkies as described.
                            Jackson KV2
                            Jackson KE1T
                            Jackson KE1F
                            Jackson SL1

Comment

i didnt even read the listing, but youre right. hes describing a dk2m neck.....maybe get some money back for incorrect description, although i doubt it since there is a pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X