Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help..

I have a jackson dk2:

and one of the little plate type things that you screw the alan nut to, too keep the string in the bridge is missing.

do they sell those?

(the pic is before it was missing)
    yermsayin?

anyone???
    yermsayin?

Comment

If you are talking about the saddle that locks the string at the bridge, then yes they do sell those, check out gpdusa.com
      Is that a banana in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

Comment

You mean these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-GENUINE-SHALLER-FLOYD-ROSE-BRIDGE-SADDLE-INSERTS_W0QQitemZ320442887100
        "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion."

Comment

those are not schaller blocks! schaller blocks would have a hole where the tighener screws in! those are 500 blocks.
          Last edited by john.w.lawson; 11-02-2009, 11:54 AM.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

ok thank you for that link, and also is it possible for me too put a normal bridge in my jackson?
            yermsayin?

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
              those are not schaller blocks! schaller blocks would have a hole where the tighener screws in! those are 500 blocks.
              You don't see holes? I see holes.

Comment

Originally posted by ef_in_fla View Post
                You don't see holes? I see holes.

yea, I see them now! My mistake, he would not want that kind anyway! if his is the normal jt-580 with short allen tighteners. just reg blocks like from a jt-580 or 500, they are the same block and schallers are not.
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Guys, I'm pretty sure he means at the nut. I don't see any locking nut plates. So he must need those, not at the bridge (it DOES have strings on it right? If that were the problem there wouldn't be any strings!)

Also, no, it's not possible to put a regular bridge in your Jackson, but you can buy a trem-setter to block the Floyd from going up or down, and just keep the locking nut plates off, and it's like a hardtail!

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyMan View Post
                    Guys, I'm pretty sure he means at the nut. I don't see any locking nut plates. So he must need those, not at the bridge
                    I'm pretty sure you're wrong. He said "....to keep the string in the bridge is missing." He's obviously talking about a bridge part.

Comment

Originally posted by ef_in_fla View Post
                      I'm pretty sure you're wrong. He said "....to keep the string in the bridge is missing." He's obviously talking about a bridge part.
                      I don't think I am. But he SHOULD take a pic of it from what it looks like now because his explaination is confusing.
                      Last edited by SkinnyMan; 11-05-2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Going by the picture the nut locks are missing and the saddle blocks are all there. I have 3 spare ones but only 2 screws if you have at least one screw you would have a whole set, PM me if you need them I'll hook you up. As long as them being black and not chrome isn't a problem. I have had people look a gift horse in the mouth before so I won't be affended. Good luck.
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

here is a picture of what im talking about the locking nuts on the top i took off on purpose. i dont need them i dont lock it down.

these are what i am talking about:

yermsayin?

Comment

anyone
                            yermsayin?

Comment

Here ya go.
                              http://www.musicianparts.com/Bridge-...source=froogle
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X