Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 475 Price

Hey guys,

I checked the search, and eBay, but I couldn't find my answer! What would be a good price for a very good condition 475 Deluxe? No fancy finish, just blue, with a 5-way switch (so it's not a model 4, right?) and a JT-590... Not sure about a case or not for it.

The shop's asking $269 plus tax. What do you think?

Model 4 is also a strat body - 475 is a Dinky. Guitar logo on Model 4, toothpaste logo on 475.

I wouldn't pay that much for the 475. Talk them down to $200.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      Model 4 is also a strat body - 475 is a Dinky. Guitar logo on Model 4, toothpaste logo on 475.

I wouldn't pay that much for the 475. Talk them down to $200.
      Yeah, that was my gut reaction on seeing it. I don't really need another guitar--it'd probably end up cannibalized anyway, with the bridge and pickups kept around for when the parts on my Soloist wear out... If I can't get a deal on it, it doesn't really make too much sense to get it.

Thanks!

Comment

A 475 would have a schaller trem, sooo are you right about that fact? sound like a good price to me, i have a 375 that cost me more,but they are pretty good guitars! without a pic its hard to say.play it if you like it ,talk him down to 250,out the door! the trem is worth 120-120+
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
          A 475 would have a schaller trem, sooo are you right about that fact? sound like a good price to me, i have a 375 that cost me more,but they are pretty good guitars! without a pic its hard to say.play it if you like it ,talk him down to 250,out the door! the trem is worth 120-120+
          Yeah, that's what it's got--Jackson-logoed, as are the tuners, pickups, etc.

Comment

parts wise, it would be worth more than it would as a whole! but its really a matter of what you want!!!
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

IMO, a 475 deluxe in good shape with the electronics intact (boost), German Trem and Sharkies would go for around $350-400. Probably more parted out but these are nice axes. Basically a model 4 but with a better trem and locking nut.

Comment

That price w case is a no brainer.

Haggle for a lower price if no case or just a bag.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Talk him down then send me the neck? :P
                  |My CSG gallery|
                  (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I picked up an excellent virtually unplayed yellow to red flame top 475 from a pawn about 10 years ago for $275. I thought back then I got a good deal. I have several import CharJacks and the quality of the 475 DLX is top notch - active EQ, sharkfins, neck and head binding, Schaller trem, decent sounding pickups with clean black covers with Jackson logos- I believe the singles are stacks. Anyway, sounds superb, plays fantastic, looks total high-class shred machine. If I ever found another one of these in any kind of condition that mine is I will be running to get it at $400.

Comment

Working...
                    X