Replacement pickguard for Model 1A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement pickguard for Model 1A

Do the Warmoth, Chandler or All Parts guards use the same holes that the old Model 1As have? I tried those cheap GFS pickguards and even the shape of the guard itself was different, I don't think even 1 of the 11 holes lined up correctly.

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
    Do the Warmoth, Chandler or All Parts guards use the same holes that the old Model 1As have? I tried those cheap GFS pickguards and even the shape of the guard itself was different, I don't think even 1 of the 11 holes lined up correctly.
    Warmoth and All Parts will not bolt right up. You'll have to do some scraping to fit the neck pocket as well.

Check out Chandler, though - they have a route for the Model 3 which should bolt right up to a 1A.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I have a warmoth on my model 1a and I didn't fix the neck pocket issue but it's on there.

Comment

I believe mine was a Warmoth (bought it at a local guitar shop after digging through a bin of strat p/g's) and needed to open up the neck pocket a little. IIRC all but 3 screw holes lined up
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Anyone else want to chime in? I think Alvin Wilson on here is the one that had a Charvel Model 1 in white and turned it into a Jake E Lee Strat with a 8 hole guard matching the holes of the original SSS guard of the 1A.

Comment

get the 8 hole conversion warmoth pickguard and you might have to make some neck pocket adjusts, but I didn't have to. I just did this a month ago.

Comment

Thanks Rich, I will check that out.

ps, I am assuming there is no way to change the spacing of the control pot holes on Warmoth guards unless you specify no holes and drill them yourself? I have bought a couple of used Warmoth guards off Ebay before but didn't care for the 2 control pot holes so far away from the bridge pickup. I also don't care for the traditional strat volume knob being so close. I would take the difference of the two.

What's the best way to drill a hole in a new guard as in what sized bit and how fast/slow do you need to drill? Thanks.

Comment

I use an exacto knife and do the twisty twisty until the hole is big enough.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Seriously? Do you get a nice round hole or does it look like a crime scene after twisting that knife?

Comment

Working...
                  X