charvel fusion advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel fusion advice

ok so ive had a Charvel Fusion (custom i think? H-S-S, matching headstock in silver sparkle, toothpaste logo, schaller floyd) for a few years. Bought it for 250 USD with a case and duncans! one of the best deals I ever got, this thing is STILL sparkling clean.

anyways, Im thinking of taking the finish and logo off the headstock, because Ive grown to hate the toothpaste logo. Would you guys think a silver sparkle with a natural finish headstock would look cool? I would try to get a regular charvel logo to place on it as well.

opinions? or should I just leave this girl alone?

Just leave it.
    You'll hate yourself for doing it later.
    If it irritates you that much, get a 4" by 8" piece of black vinyl tape and cover the headstock. Then order an old school Charvel logo from Best Decals and put it on there.
    Looks cool, but is easily reversible.
    -Rick

Comment

The matching headstock is one of the cooler things about those, but if you hate the logo I understand. If I were going to do it, I'd probably go with black on the headstock rather than natural.

-edit- Rick's idea sounds good. I bet you could make it look great like that.
      Last edited by dg; 04-01-2009, 06:11 PM.

Comment

do you think the toothpaste logo is removable without damaging the sparkle paint?

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa View Post
          do you think the toothpaste logo is removable without damaging the sparkle paint?
          Doubt it.
          You would have to refinish the headstock.
          -Rick

Comment

Yikes! Leave it alone!

Comment

I likey the toothpaste logo... Is that wrong? haha...

Comment

Leave it and buy a model 4 or 6...
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

What everybody else said: leave it !

I had one, too ... and the matching headstock was/is the main attraction !

uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

+1

One of the nice things about the Fusion Custom is the matching headstock. Don't turn your $250 guitar into a $200 guitar.

Comment

I suggest you carve that logo right out of there. Really. Take a crewdriver to it, and just go to town. Then it is personalized just for you.
                      1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                      Jackson SLATQH
                      Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                      Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                      Jackson DKMGT (project)
                      Kramer Focus 1000
                      Ibanez SDGR Bass
                      Ovation Celebrity
                      Martin Backpacker

Comment

6 nails, a hacksaw, and a speedloader and your hatred of the script logo is gone!
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Love the silver bro
                          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                            6 nails, a hacksaw, and a speedloader and your hatred of the script logo is gone!
                            Yes! Best idea I've heard in a while. Think of it - this could start a trend. This could be officially known as the Tekky Mod, and then Ed Roman could rip it off and start selling them on his Pudcasters.
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

To avoid any and all associations with Mr. Roman, I'll sell all rights to that idea for very cheap.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X